Please review my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my site

Please review my site. All criticism is welcome.
    You will find my site at Gladiators for God.

Thank You all

Pieter de Waal

Re: Please review my site

WOW you must have been typing for days! The main thing that hit me was navigation. Your navigation is interesting, the ones that I found. There are some that go in a circle. The "lose your load" takes you to a "sneak peek" but that just goes back to "lose your load". You need to have consistancy in the nav buttons, and atleast a home button marked as "Home", not just the title at the top that is not marked so people know that it is a link back. Not tring to be harsh, but if people start to get confused they wil leave. Good Luck!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Ditto that.
      Your navigation is confusing to say the least. Surfers are used to seeing the same nav bar on all web pages. Surfers are also very impatient if they have to spend a long time trying to get around your site they will give up and leave. Suggest you construct a more standard form of navigation and have it present on all pages in order to maintain consistency.

Comment

Hello Pieter,

I like it.
        In its way it is professional enough but doesn't buy into being 'as-flashy-as-everybody-else'. I think the bright and bold colours will work for you as you have a bright and bold message. Your attention to getting everything right is evident as I found no typos or mis-spelling (didn't spend hours on it though lol).

Not sure I would abandon your navigation system entirely as I found it unique and kinda fun. Your audience may be a little more forgiving than the average web surfer. But you might want to augment what you have with some fail safe links for the basics such as home, etc.

You don't have a lot of images but you might want to give them alt tags (alternative text) for those folks that cannot, for whatever reason, see them. Also they will help with search Engines. Try to use keywords or phrases that will reinforce your title at least. As an example, your title in your header should at least, in an alt tag, repeat your title.

Excellent work imo and the best of luck to you....
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi Pieter (or should I say neighbour?)

Nice site, excellent message. I also agree that the navigation is a bit confusing as explained in the previous posts. Always good to have all menu items dispayed all the time on all pages.
          The pages are very very long. It is your preference and nothing wrong with that, but what about creating shorter pages, but more menu items to still cover all your content.
          A few scrollers (that can be found at DynamicDrive.com) could make the pages a bit more attractive.
          You can also insert a few horizontal lines (dividers) to seperate content blocks on the pages.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Thank You all

Excellent comment all-round.

One thing though. Generally your comments seem to indicate a preference for clicking the arrows and not the text menus. This would not only lead you directly to my longest pages, but also to my "more confusing" menus. Cuold I ask you as a great favour, that you also please check the rest of the site navigation.

Thank you for the comment on the Sneak Peek. This was a recent addition and I was having a bug on my editor, so I haven't fixed it yet. Actually I was expecting that anyone willing to read that far would fill the form and be redirected to the download page anyway. You are right, of course, this should be fixed.

What would you suggest? A link back to the home page, or rather a full menu?

And also.. Regarding the whole sequence leading to the Sneak Peek. Can you maybe suggest an improved sales strategy.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X