creating another website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating another website

I created a website on my home computer for work with the web URL www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org. Now I want to create my own website. When I create the index page and name it index it asks if I want to replace my index page I created for my first website. How do I deal with this? I am also learning about payment methods so if you can refer me to any sites that explain how to set up my site for e-commerce, that would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    kc

Re: creating another website

Originally posted by kacienoonan View Post
    I created a website on my home computer for work with the web URL www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org. Now I want to create my own website. When I create the index page and name it index it asks if I want to replace my index page I created for my first website. How do I deal with this? I am also learning about payment methods so if you can refer me to any sites that explain how to set up my site for e-commerce, that would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    kc

Hi, of course you will need another domain name for your own website, so I am assuming you have this already in place as well as the name servers for this domain and you have added it on to your voda hosting account?

To help you with your question, you will need to create, on your own computer, in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA a folder named the name of your new domain. This is where you will store the new page called index for this new domain and then when you go to publish this page you will need to add this directory to the publish area - right now when you go to publish you will see public_html - you will need to add the name of this domain after public_html like this public_html/nameofaddondomain

and then your pages will be published to this directory .. this will prevent overwriting your index page on your own computer and as well when you publish ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I only have snowdays to work on this...
      I created a new domain name about a week ago and started on my pages. My pages are in a subfolder of my BlueVoda folder. So it wouldn't replace my old index page for the previous website, I named the index page indexclassifieds. Is this okay? I wanted to publish it to the internet but it looks like my FTP address is not on the list from Blue Voda, so I am getting ready to send them a ticket...

Also, I tried creating my own template but it sucks. I think I will read the BV tutorial...
      Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

I am going to try to follow your instructions now... thank you

Comment

I did what you said, Ladyeye. I renamed my folder in the BV folder as wvpanhandleclassifieds and then named my index page index. I then went to upload the newer list of server IP addresses and I have to buy WinZip to use it? I guess I will wait to see if I can upload it. WinZip used to be free and it bothers me that they want payment for it now. Rip off!

Comment

Hi .. you won't need to send a support ticket for the ip address

just redownload and reinstall blue voda .. your new ip address will show up

And, I think you know, but just to be sure ..

you will need to create a page named index only ..

not indexclassifieds ..

and save this index in that folder you have for the domain on your computer .. separate from your main domain folder on your computer

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I did what you said, Ladyeye. I renamed my folder in the BV folder as wvpanhandleclassifieds and then named my index page index. I then went to upload the newer list of server IP addresses and I have to buy WinZip to use it? I guess I will wait to see if I can upload it. WinZip used to be free and it bothers me that they want payment for it now. Rip off!
              ignore what it is saying about winzip too .. just bypass that .. you can still use it ..

redownload and reinstall blue voda from the link I put in my above post .. just choose run and everything will reinstall and you will find your new ip ..

I think we are typing and answering together, I will let you catch up or I will slow down .. will be here though, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

When I clicked on your link above the Winzip is still asking me to buy it. Should I let it run and walk away? Also, my template is ****. Do you have any free templates for classifieds? I am looking for something a little natural in design since we are a "wild and free" West Virginia....
                thanks for all your help, Ladyeye. You are polite and hepful for us novice designers.

Comment

Hi .. try this blue voda download if you cannot get the other unzipped.

Have you looked at the possibility of using Noah's Classifieds? You can download this from inside your control panel, under fantastico ..

It is a complete classified program that you may find useful, if you intend on having any size to your classifieds ads, it will in the end save you alot of work if you used this instead of blue voda .. although blue voda is very suitable you would need to add some extra things if you wanted people to be able to search for items, etc.,

Have a look at this page of voda host resources to find templates and the winzip program again too ..

Thank you for your kind comments.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Im SO STupid to make my own website.. huhu.. ive tried so hard to follow all tutorials had listed on this site but i failed to make my own website.. please help me to creat a website please.. please

Comment

Re: Where is Fantistico

LadyEyes, I tried finding the fantistico file in my cPanel and didn't see it you said it has Noah's classifieds program for a classifieds website...Your description sounds like it would save me some work:)
                      Please advise,
                      thanks
                      kc

Comment

Re: Where is Fantistico

LadyEyes, I tried finding the fantistico file in my cPanel and didn't see it you said it has Noah's classifieds program for a classifieds website...Your description sounds like it would save me some work:)
                        Please advise,
                        thanks
                        kc
                        Hi KC

Yes, it is in the Fantastico section of your control panel ...

Maybe try redownloading blue voda and reinstalling for it to show up

www.bluevoda.com/bv.zip

It is located near the bottom, in the fantastico section, under "Other Scripts"

If it still doesn't you can find it here

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you, LadyEye. I downloaded it but I don't know where it went. I went to their main page and downloaded the newest version again in my BV file and its there but when I open any files there isn't anything there. I liked their format on their home page but I have no clue on using this. Is it because I have no experience with PHP?

Comment

if you have downloaded the zip for Noah's Classifieds then it will mean that you will have to manually install the program. this will mean making a database in cpanel uploading the files within the zip file into a folder on your server "named what you want" then depending on how they install manually install, you will have 1 of 2 options 1/ the program comes with it's own install folder, which you would have uploaded then it's case of opening your browser then typing the route to it, ie http://yoursite/folder/install once there follow the instructions.
                            2/ the program comes with a sql text file this has to manually install in to the database, then you would need to connect the program to the database, this usually done in a file named config.php this file can be found usually in the program route or in the includes folder.
                            if i were you i would have a real good look in fantistico as that is a lot less stress full for someone not used to it.

Comment

Fantastico! installs are habitually faulty (if not impossible!), and have been the bane of many of us for more than a year now....
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X