X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first web site all done i think!!

hi all
    need feed back

ok this is my frist web site,,,so be kind :0)
    can i have some feed back on pick loading and set out and so on!

all so is their anything els i should have on my site.
    many many thanks for your help
    adele

www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Organic Baby
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Re: first web site all done i think!!

Well, I must say I think your site is adorable! I didn't have time to go through it in a lot of detail and I'm sure others will be along soon. One thing I looked for (as a maker of bath and body items) is that your skincare products don't have ingredients listed (unless I missed them). People are very conscious these days about 'what's in it' so it might be something you want to add.

Good job though...lovely!

Comment

OH, congratulations... a really great site... LOVE THE SIMPLICITY and clarity, very clean, informative and educational. Fantastic work with the info on cotton. There are a few spelling errors and the photo's are covering the menus that pop out... a few minor details I'm sure will get picked up as you spend more time on it.
      www.madinmelbourne.com.au
      the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

like your site - very easy to navigate - all links seem to work fine. you might want to put up a little video on the about us page. most everyone today are not readers, but love to watch videos. it is not expensive and very popular. easy to do with BV.
        good luck
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I think your site looks great. I haven't looked at all the techy side but for an end user visiting, it is very impressive. I hope you get plenty of business from it.

Well done & good luck

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by adele1972 View Post
            ok this is my frist web site,,,so be kind :0)
            Easy to do :)

Of the various adjectives used before me "adorable' (by Butter I believe) suits your site the best.

IMO You have managed an appealing and unique approach to your site that still conveys professionalism, instills confidence, and functions very well. Its inherent 'softness' and 'cuddliness' serve to impart the 'feel' of your product in a way that words could not.

But as for words in some ways there are too many, in another - not enough.... If you want to get visitors to your little gem you have some work to do.

Way too many keywords (the idea is not to put in every thing you can think of but to target specific words or in today's competitve market - phrases), description is way too long, and titles could be better. Your errors with keywords and description can actually hurt you if they are not adjusted to the 'rules'.

And I think you have to find a way to get more text on your index page somehow for the search engines to take note of you. The first thing they look at after your title and page description is text that reinforces what you say you're about. It's called page relevancy and without it you'll find yourself very low in the listings.

Find any of Beter's posts and get a free copy of her SEO - The Basics and please, put it to heart...

All in all a wonderful effort and one that, with a little more work, I'm sure will be very successful.

Best of luck!
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thank you all so much for taking the time to look at my site!!!
              i will look at all you have said thanks for the feed back.
              i will now go back to the beginning and read THE BASICs...LOL thanks ken,
              i should of red that first. :)
              thanks again
              adele
              Organic Baby

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                Easy to do :)

Of the various adjectives used before me "adorable' (by Butter I believe) suits your site the best.

IMO You have managed an appealing and unique approach to your site that still conveys professionalism, instills confidence, and functions very well. Its inherent 'softness' and 'cuddliness' serve to impart the 'feel' of your product in a way that words could not.

But as for words in some ways there are too many, in another - not enough.... If you want to get visitors to your little gem you have some work to do.

Way too many keywords (the idea is not to put in every thing you can think of but to target specific words or in today's competitve market - phrases), description is way too long, and titles could be better. Your errors with keywords and description can actually hurt you if they are not adjusted to the 'rules'.

And I think you have to find a way to get more text on your index page somehow for the search engines to take note of you. The first thing they look at after your title and page description is text that reinforces what you say you're about. It's called page relevancy and without it you'll find yourself very low in the listings.

Find any of Beter's posts and get a free copy of her SEO - The Basics and please, put it to heart...

All in all a wonderful effort and one that, with a little more work, I'm sure will be very successful.

Best of luck!
                hi ken can i have a bit more info on, text for my index page and where do i find The Basics? seo.
                thank you
                Organic Baby

Comment

hi ken can i have a bit more info on, text for my index page and where do i find The Basics? seo.
                  thank you
                  can you please look at my index page..is this what you meen by more texe?? thanks
                  Organic Baby

Comment

Hi Adele,

Click here for one of Beth's posts. You will see SEO - The Basics in her sig. She has made it free to download.

can you please look at my index page..is this what you meen by more texe?? thanks
                    Yes, it's the right idea. I know you want to keep the page as clean as you can but some text is necessary. It's up to you how much you think is best. You'll have a better idea after reading Beth's 'book', but it is necessary to reinforce your title and description. Also you should never use a keyword or keyword phrase that is not on the page.

Keep at it, you'll do fine.
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi, nice looking site, couple of small things that may need adjustment. There is quite a bit of overlap with text when viewing with fire fox. Especially on the longer pages.
                      The header image is a bit slow loading for the 1st time visitor at over 500kb, attachment might help at 23kb.

Good luck.
                      Attached Files
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I just took a brief look at it and I think it is gorgeous.

Well Done!

Joy of Dance

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                          Hi Adele,

Click here for one of Beth's posts. You will see SEO - The Basics in her sig. She has made it free to download.

Yes, it's the right idea. I know you want to keep the page as clean as you can but some text is necessary. It's up to you how much you think is best. You'll have a better idea after reading Beth's 'book', but it is necessary to reinforce your title and description. Also you should never use a keyword or keyword phrase that is not on the page.

Keep at it, you'll do fine.
                          Thank you again ken
                          i will download it and read it 100 times :)
                          Organic Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                            Hi, nice looking site, couple of small things that may need adjustment. There is quite a bit of overlap with text when viewing with fire fox. Especially on the longer pages.
                            The header image is a bit slow loading for the 1st time visitor at over 500kb, attachment might help at 23kb.

Good luck.
                            Chris thank you so much
                            i have been trying to do that with the logo, but it always looked less ***** when i resized it.......thank you for your time! it looks better than the the one at 500kb!!! colours are much better :)
                            adele
                            thanks to all that have given me feed back :)
                            Organic Baby

Comment

Oh, I think it's just precious! Well done it is really cute!
                              Emmy
                              www.cherrylanememories.com

Comment

Working...
                              X