X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soholaunch vs oScommerce

Hi,

I just need to clarify some things:

1) Am i correct that Soholaunch is a Bluevoda product and therefore can only be used and hosted by Bluevoda.

2) Oscommerce is not a Bluevoda product and therefore if used the website can be hosted with anyone.

3) With Soholaunch i am only allowed one site that uses Bluevoda as a host per account.

4) But with Oscommerce if i am running two stores with different domain names i could host them both on Bluevoda under one account?

Thanks,

Louis

Re: Soholaunch vs oScommerce

1 and 2 - No, Soho is NOT a VH product - it can be used with any host. However, VH offers it FREE for one instance with a hosting account.

3 - You are only allowed ONE FREE Soho account with your VH hosting package. You can have as many BV accounts as you'd like in that same hosting package.

4. You are confusing BlueVoda and VodaHost. BV is the software builder that can only be used on VH. Yes, you could have 2 OsCommerce stores on one account. Those are FREE. Soho is not a free software - just offered as a bonus (one use only free) with VH. (You could actually purchase Soho and use it then more than once on your hosting account).
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks,

Things are starting to to come together and make sense.

Louis

Comment

One comment on the OsCommerce - as most likely you'd need dedicated IP and SSL - even though technically you could have more than one on an account, because of that - I'd recommend each be on it's own hosting account.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X