Heading in search engine findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading in search engine findings

Through my stat counter I can see that quite a few visitors have found my site (www.cleversinglemothers) through NineMSN. So I went to check it out and saw that, while every other link there has a nice underlined heading, the title of my link is my page name! eg. index or work_at_home or virtual_office. Here's an example:

http://search.ninemsn.com.au/results.aspx?FORM=MSNH&v=1&CY=en-au&RS=CHECKED&GO=GO&q=Virtual%20Assistants%20-%20Working%20from%20Home&rf=1

How do I change this? I went into my CP and to File Manager thinking it may be something I need to edit there.

Thanks

Jo

www.cleversinglemothers.com.au
    www.amberwatchaustralia.com

Re: Heading in search engine findings

That's happening because you've named your pages incorrectly. In Page Properties, set whatever you want each page to be named. For instance, change the names from work_from_home to Work From Home and index to Clever Single Mothers Home Page (or whatever you want). Don't change the way you save your pages, just the way you name them.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you racefan20. I thought I'd probably missed something simple. I've begun changing some of the titles in page properties, saving and republishing them but on doing a search they are still coming up under the original page names. Do I a) need to just wait a day or two for it to take effect or b) need to resubmit all my pages to the s.engines?Again, thanks for helping out!

Comment

Just save and publish them and everything else will fall into place for you. It will take some time before they show up correctly, but it will happen.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X