Richiemag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richiemag

Hi there please let me know what you think.
    this is my first website.please check it out at Richimprovementsny.com

Re: Richiemag

I'm new also, but I think it looks nice. In Firefox, the 'Call for a Free Estimate' wraps but doesn't in IE. I believe you can extend the text border and eliminate this. Also I don't hear the sounds of the nail-gun in Firefox but do in IE. And I'm not sure you need the words "Link to GAF" about the link to GAF on the Roofing page. And I noticed you have spaces in the names of your pictures.
    You'll hear more from people who know a lot more than I do! Good luck.

jcaywood

Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

thanks jcaywood I appreciate the input

Comment

Originally posted by Richiemag View Post
        Hi there please let me know what you think.
        this is my first website.please check it out at http://www.Richimprovementsny.com
        ok

Comment

Hi, you’re off to a good start. Couple of things that maybe worth a look at.
          There is some side scroll on the pages & would be better around the 800-1000 widths.
          Some of the roof images could be reduced differently to save getting the funny looking roof tiles.
          I see there is lots to do yet, but would try & get as much good text on the pages to help the SE’s to find you.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your site is looking good! You have a great beginning.
            Your logo at the top of every page has the top of the I cut off except the handy man page. Not a piggie but it looked a little funny.
            Keep up the good work.
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thanks Chris and Mike I'll take A look and see how I can correct it.
              I appreciate the responce...Richie.

Comment

Sorry, but I feel the use of rollover sound (especially this one) far beneath the type of "class" and credibility your site deserves or is geared toward. Besides, eliminating it will allow consistent functionality to your buttons altogether!

I would simply re-label your button "Handyman" and leave it at that: I am sure people can figure out what is going on there.

And, frankly, I think your site overall would look a whole lot more professional and inviting if you would put your nav buttons in a row tightly together (without big gaps between them) along the left area as would normally be expected.

You may wish to sink toward the back a "shape" complimentarily colored to help define the area rather than have nav and other things "float" against the background. (similar to the effect of the grey boxes seen here)

The "estimate" and telephone number in yellow is incongruent to your theme, and should be re-thought both as to layout position and colorization....maybe this together with your address also against a "shape" either under your left nav or toward the header (not in the header as seen now).....

I would eliminate the flag from your header, as the white background simply does not work and tiny animations detract from both your logo and main themed picture. Use text at the bottom of the page (next to Copyright), if it is really important to you: "Serving America With Pride Since 1985" or something.

Be sure to reduce the file size of your main picture....(resolution is fine, but the load can be optimized). And, if you eliminate your rollover sound file, you will find improved page load as well.

Once you have improved the layout (and prepare to *******te it throughout the site), be sure to center your page before re-publishing.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Go neighbor!
                  You've passed me out.

Comment

Working...
                  X