How to avoid saving images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid saving images?

I have some images on my website and i want to avoid that someone saves my images.
    How i can do?
    I tried with hotlink, but this doesn't allow to see images, rather i want to let see image but not to save it.
    Thanks

Re: How to avoid saving images?

Hi .. there is lots of discussion in regards to this topic to be found on these boards, but the long and short of it is:
    You cannot stop people from getting your image unless you put an unsuitable watermark on the image before uploading it to your website, but then this may not be what you want people to view either ..

you can fool a few people by placing a transparent shape over the image, you can do this right in blue voda .. insert shape, tick transparent, resize to the size of your image and lay this over the top of your image

there are scripts, they are not recommended ..

that's pretty much it ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not possible, you can make it harder to do, but in all honestly its not worth the time.

Best thing you can do is add a watermark, and try not to worry about it

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

If you are worried about someone taking your images - then don't put them on the internet - that's how simple it is.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          If you are worried about someone taking your images - then don't put them on the internet - that's how simple it is.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, ditto with above. Couple of tips that may help. Water mark the images, reduce the kb's so a user will get a poor print out. Never put a full size original on your site as enlarging an image is very hard to do & needs spe******t software. Not always wanted, but cropping an image can give you a legal standing in the respect that only you would have the full size original & no one will know what part you have cropped out. You can also add watermark images that will blend with the image , so the user will not know. IE: If the image was a field, you could add a tiny daisy to the image.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X