Google Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Question

I have published my website and it is working fine but doesn't come up on google. I started with meta tags and it didn't work. Then I removed the meta tags as someone in the forum said the big search engines don't use them anymore. It still didn't work. Then I renamed some of my pages with key words but they disappeared from my website and still no google. Is there some special step I need to do???
    senseisandy
    Acct#22017

Re: I can't be googled! Help please.

If you just recently published your page then you have not been indexed by Google yet. Keep an eye on your web stats and look for Googlebot being listed under the Robot/Spiders section of awstats. It takes time for them to index pages so you just have to be patient.
    Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

When you first publish your site you have to wait for Googlebot to crawl it before any pages are indexed. Have a look in your site stats in control panel, if Googlebot has visited there will be a time and date.

Even if it has visited, there may be a delay of a number of days or even weeks before google starts to include some of your pages in its index, and when it does, the chances of your pages appearing in its results are pretty remote. SEO is a long and lonely road unfortunately.

You can check to see if any of your site's pages have been indexed by Google by entering site:yourdomain.com as a search in Google.

Comment

Cross-posted with mattski.

Comment

As mentioned above, you have to wait for the SE's to spider and index your site. However, you can help by getting some links in to your site if you haven't already?.. One way if possible.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Google Question

IT TAKES TIME TO GET LISTED. BUT I WOULD HAVE LEFT SOME KEYWORDS STILL IN THE META TAGS.SMALLER SEARCH ENGINES STILL USE THEM. THE MAIN THING IS KEY WORDS ON YOUR PAGES, TITLE, AND DESCRIBTION OF THE PAGE. GO TO www.submitexpress.com go to free tools meta tag analyser great tool to use. I USE IT ALL THE TIME GOOD LUCK
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

jkadin, Please don't use all caps.

Ok, Senseisandy - let me ask you a question. There are billions of websites on the net. Yours is brand new. So, if someone searches using the keywords you want to come up for - why should Google (or any se) show your website over the potentially hundreds of thousands of others that are out there using the same words?

First, they need to find you. You aren't even putting your link in your posts, so they won't find you here. Where are they going to? They follow links. Then, let's say they find you - why would your brand new site come up in a search over one that they know about, which has hundreds of credible links, is professional, etc?

You need to make it the best site it can be - and you need time - and you need links.

Have you read the ebook in my signature?
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I will try some of your suggestions and wait. I had no idea how it all worked - very computer un-****!
                senseisandy

Comment

Hi, just as a note! have you put in a support ticket to have your site registered with most of the main SE's as a one time submission as part of your VH account. ????
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris
                    can you still do that even if your sites not 100% complete like if 1 or 2 pages arnt completly finish.
                    Or should i wait till im completly happy with it and finished.
                    Dean

ACE Wargames
                    A Games Workshop Reseller

Comment

Ah! Might be better waiting until your done.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

yep cool mate will do
                        Dean

ACE Wargames
                        A Games Workshop Reseller

Comment

Working...