Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Samarkan font

Hi All

I'm using a font that is not available on most desktops. When a user accesses my webpage, is there a way i can have them download the font. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Raj Sundaram

Re: Using Samarkan font

you can always set up a link to the font through your website. you would upload the font to the server via the ftp method on your website builder. make sure you name the font, ie font.zip then you would make your link as:
    www.yourwebsitename/font.zip
    they would click this link and your zip file should come up for them.
    another way to ensure some one sees the font you want without them uploading the font file is to make an image. the main drawback for that is SEO but if the look is what is important then the image is the way to go. on one of my sites i have done that using Jester. here is that link
    www.tprspecialties.com
    you can see how the banner uses Jester as well as the title.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Can I have the font downloaded automatically when the user accesses the webpage (just like how the active X control is used). Please let me know

Comment

im sure that you could get something scripted that once they enter the site the option to download this font would pop up. i think you have to get someone that is knowledgeable with scripts, such as Naval or Wataflip. i would not like to go to website and not have the option to download something without my approval.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

No, most computers will NOT allow an automatic download of ANYTHING from a website they visit. And if I was to have one do it - I'd leave and NEVER EVER return. YOU are NOT allowed to control the users website.

It's their choice if they want to add a font. Personally, I would not add a font to see ONE website. You should be using a webfriendly font, or accept that most will not see your site as intended.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I believe I've found the solution to my problem without affecting users visiting the website. I've converted the words in the samarkan fonts into graphic images and replaced it. This works great for me. Thanks for all the replies to my post.

Comment

Working...
            X