Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb template

Hi all,

i installed the phpbb forum on my domain but i wanted a different template, no i found a really nice one and i uploaded it in the map templates but when i go to the admin area --> styles it doesnt show so i cant install it.
    help pls,

regards,

Davey

Re: phpbb template

Did the template not come with installation directions?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

accept for the standard template which u see here http://www.pmt-clan.com/forum/ not, i have a other template which it got from phpbb site called clanzdarkness which i wanna use but i did the steps like i described but nothing shows

Comment

Sometimes templates self install. Have you gone into Configuration to see if you can set it as the default style? If you've done that and failed, what is the name of the template and where did you get it?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Nevermind, I reread your second post and got the where/what details. I downloaded and uploaded the style to my test forum and had no problem. A few suggestions (and no, I'm not insulting your intelligence, but always start with the path of least resistance):
          1. Have you gone into File Manager through your CPanel to make sure the style uploaded to your forum/templates directory?
          2. Are you sure you unzipped it before you uploaded?
          3. In your forum's admin panel, did you go to Styles Admin > Add to install?
          4. What (if any) MODS have you added to your forum?
          5. Have you tried a fresh download/upload? (Some downloads from phpbb.com have been a little buggy, lately.)

If you've tried all this and still no success, I'm willing to take a shot at it for you if you'd like.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

hi,

i certainly dont see it as insulting cuz its new for me and i only wanna learn from it as i can make mistakes as well.
            but i looked at all again and finally i saw the problem, u where right about the downloads from phpbb.com i tested it by taking another template and that was fine.
            thx alot for ur tips and help, really appreciate it.

Davey

Comment

Glad to help. You can usually find the same styles at phpbb.de or phpbbstyles.com if the one at phpbb.com doesn't work.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thx m8 , ill look into it

u use msn by any chance?

Comment

No, but I can arrange that if you need help sometime.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

would be great ty just let me know ur addy :)

Comment

Working...
                    X