How to link a (back) button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to link a (back) button

I have created a text link button and would like to be able to direct users back a page but in this case how do we link it as each user lands on a page from a variety of different pages?

Sarah

Re: How to link a (back) button

Hi,
    The CLOSE or Back button:
    In BV,
    1. click the Button button (on the Forms feed toolbar) usually top of window. The Normal button, not the Advance button.
    2. Double-click the button.
    3. Give it a name and Value (e.g. Back or Close).
    4. Click the Normal radial button.
    5. Open the Events tab.
    6. Click the Add button.
    7. Select the Event as OnClick.
    8. From the Action drop-down, select Java Function.
    9. From Javascript drop-down, select history.back(); or window.close();
    depending on what you want to do.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom for your help but can I clarify somthing at #1. Is the normal button the radio button? because I only have a few choices i.e adv, radio, image and push. Please advise.

thanks again,

sarah

Comment

Simpler way:

Insert in your page an "Advanced Button". Double click it, make it On Click, on Click action: select : go to Previous page.

You are done.

If you can't find easily the Advanced Button in the Forms Toolbar, click on the main Toolbar: Insert -> Form -> Advanced Button

Do NOT insert a form, only the button.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, for the instructions I now have a back button. I would like it to look like the text only menu at the bottom of the page but as it is it is a stand alone button. Is there nayway to link it in with the text only menus?

sarah

Comment

If you want to have some text as "Back" link, highlight the text as you would if you wanted to link it normaly. Click on the Link icon, and in the URL field of the Link dialog box, type

javascript:history.back(-1)

Now your text has become a Back link.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign,
              can I then treat the text menu items in the same way, that is after opening the general tab on the dialogue box is it possible to paste the javascript:history.back(-1) in the URL? If so then should the link type in the edit button dialoue box be http?

Thank you for your ongoing advice.

Sarah

Comment

Yes, you can. In the URL field place the above code, link type http
                Navaldesign

Comment

Navaldesign

Thanks alot!

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                  X