check out my webpage please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out my webpage please

Hello all, I'd like for you to check out my webpage. It is baseball related, and because the season hasn't started yet, there are some...well...blank areas. This will be changing once the season is underway.

I wanted to explain the concept here, but i figured it'd be better to see if it made sense WITHOUT an explination.

any tips? hints? opinions?

thanks!

ps. i'll be adding a few banner ads once approved for them

Re: check out my webpage please

I really like it! The only thing that really jumps out is....what on earth is Goat of the Game? I know you explain it in your blog, very funny by the way, but maybe you could take a short explaination from the blog and place it as content on the home page like;

Being lovers of the blame-game, a few of us loyal Brewer fans decided to pin each loss on the one player or coach who stunk it up the most.
    The rules have evolved a bit since then (you can see the official rules
    here), but the idea is still the same.
    It's a way to cope with each loss, and as Brewer fans, we've had our share in the past.

Then tell people to read the rest of the story on your blog.
    http://www.davisvipers.net

http://www.schindlerroofing.com

http://www.schindlersoftball.com

http://www.schindlerphotos.com

http://www.CCRutah.net (just starting this one)

http://www.clearfieldthunder.com

Comment

thanks. good idea.
      I also forgot to mention that you should check out the home page, the pages across the top menu bar (light blue) and the brewers page.
      the other eam pages only take you to a sign-up page as i don't have bloggers for them yet.

thanks again for cecking it out

Comment

Frogger6,
        Just a couple of little things. Are you going to do sites for baketball and football? It's a great idea. One thing the goat on the lower left, makes for hard reading on some of the pages where the text is over the head, like the rules page. Good job tho sofar!!
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

thanks for the tip on the goats' head. I'll try to move things around or delete the head.
          I don't think I could manage the NBA and NFL as well as MLB.
          I wish I could though.
          If you know anyone who wants to contribute by blogging (or otherwise) please let me know!

Comment

Frogger,

Very clever idea, the kind that could really take off by word of mouth. As you say the site is not yet truly finished I don't have any criticism. Like the goat on the left edge - think one would be better than the two. Can you flip him and stagger one on the right?

Best of luck with it....
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

I ain't an English major..but...Goat of the Game IS expanding unless you have more than one website...I understand there is a plurality of posters, but it is only one website...

Bet you got a winner if you can get it 'out there'...hope you do well! Looks great!!!

Comment

sedona, I can change the backgournd if need be. is the problem that the 2nd goat gets in the way of text? I have a widescreen monitor so it's hard to tell for me (for me there is no overlap)

angstless, I'm not sure what you mean by 'goat of the game' being expanding.
                thanks for the comments though. I'm a bit stuck on changing to wordpress theme for my blogs page, but after that I'll focus on 'getting it out there'

Comment

Frogger,

No, doesn't get in the way of anything, just thought 2 on the same side was overdoing it a little. Purely a matter of taste. If it were me I'd stagger one on each side of the page or just go with the lower one on the left. Next person along could prefer it the way it is or have a different idea.
                  Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Very good, I have a question about that Picture viewer on the main page. What program is that? picture moving one after aonther? Could you please tell me where I can down load that....

Thnaks

Comment

wow. sorry. i didn't realize you had posted and asked a question. I doubt you're still looking for an answer, but if so...
                      what you're looking for is the ad banner rotator. It's on the bluevoda program on the left hand side (lower part of the column).

hope this helps

Comment

Looks excellent and respective to your concept. Also the Blogs i webpage will definately help for increasing traffic.

Web pages usually include instructions as to the colours of text and backgrounds and very often also contain links to images and sometimes other media to be included in the final view.
                        Thank you

Looking for the perfect gift basket? Gift Baskets Delights offers a wide range of hamper ideass for every relationship. Explore our hints.

Comment

Working...
                        X