Photo choices page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo choices page

I'm at a bit of a loss for the correct way to handle what I'd like to achieve.
    I have created a password protected area on my site for clients only, in this area I'd like to setup a page where they can view proofs of all their wedding photos and then make selections as to which shots they would like enlarged, processed in black & white or which ones they would like in their photo book album.
    What would be the best way to achieve this, a voting poll / a form / or another method I've not thought of. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this as I need to have this functionality up and running before the end of March.

Thanks in advance
    Lionello

Domain: tuttofoto-sa.com
    account ID#:

Re: Photo choices page

There are many ways to do this. Couple of things to watch out for is keeping your images watermarked & as small as possible so they are not just copied from you gallery's, or to make it harder to copy.
    But to do the selling side properly you would need a script. Naval offers this service & you would have the facility of download after payment.
    Jalbum also has has some skins like Photoplayer That has a kart & download facility.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris I'll check those out.
      I think my needs for this page though will not involve an actual transaction though.
      You're right I will need to block images from being downloaded, this will just be more of a time saving measure so that the couple can make the pre-existing choices of services I offer for a specific shot, in their own time and comfort of their own home.

Comment

Hi, with that Photoplayer one, you have a choice via a simple check the box in an admin area of choosing if you want any of the facility's that it offers. This ranges from an ON/OFF for, help/cart/print/download/music/ & so on.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You'd definitely be wanting to use an album of some type. I think though I would be tempted, provided my photos were good quality, to show them in a size of '800 x '600. Reason - a small image just doesn't show me enough, or convince me enough to buy the photo. I would be tempted to create myself a nice png image of my own copyright symbol, in a somewhat transparent look, likely about the size, if you used this size, likely about the size of 400 x 300 or maybe even 1/2 that again, so that I could show the image in the nice size and my image still protected by laying my symbol on each photo I showed. This is easy to add this copyright symbol to an entire batch of photos is some photo programs, and it's not an extra step as it is recommended to watermark them anyway .. just my thoughts ..

And the choice of an album program that could add special effects to these photos, there are many, picture trails for instance, after your images were properly prepared you could use their free album generators, these can really add attractiveness to your photos and might get you stunning results too!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
            You'd definitely be wanting to use an album of some type. I think though I would be tempted, provided my photos were good quality, to show them in a size of '800 x '600. Reason - a small image just doesn't show me enough, or convince me enough to buy the photo. I would be tempted to create myself a nice png image of my own copyright symbol, in a somewhat transparent look, likely about the size, if you used this size, likely about the size of 400 x 300 or maybe even 1/2 that again, so that I could show the image in the nice size and my image still protected by laying my symbol on each photo I showed. This is easy to add this copyright symbol to an entire batch of photos is some photo programs, and it's not an extra step as it is recommended to watermark them anyway .. just my thoughts ..

And the choice of an album program that could add special effects to these photos, there are many, picture trails for instance, after your images were properly prepared you could use their free album generators, these can really add attractiveness to your photos and might get you stunning results too!
            Hi, JAlbum adds the water marks for you if you want with different fonts/transparency & positions. The only slight downside, is it wont let you add an image for watermark. This one has the water marks in the images inserted with jalbum.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Lady Eye, and I agree the smallest I'm prepared to show an image is 640 on the longest edge, I use Adobe Lightroom for my image processing and it has an option to add a watermark for web display.

After reviewing JAlbum and the Photoplayer skin, I'm happy with it's functionality and will definitely be using it for my print sales.

Chris the comments section is almost what I was looking for, I was just hoping to be able to add check boxes with pre-defined options, so that my clients don't have to type anything to choose those options, I'll research other skins, but if you know of one with similar functionality to Photoplayer and the ability to create check box choices as a comments field, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks so far for your input so far I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X