PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Adding a bunch of .PDF files to website.

c1c
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
I have a webpage that I need to add about 200 .pdf files for viewing. Is there a way to add them all at once? I have them in folders and I have been manually adding each .pdf to the page as a link. As you can see, this can be quite repetitive having to manually add 200 .pdf files as a list to the webpage.

Does any one know a good shortcut to do something like select a folder containing all of the files and having a list automatically created on the webpage? I currently use Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Jeremy
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes, by the FTP.

Drag them from your computer and drag them to your FTP.

c1c
02-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes, by the FTP.

Drag them from your computer and drag them to your FTP.

Thank you for your response. I know how to do that but how can I generate a list on the webpage without having to add each pdf file seperately as a link? Is there a way to generate a list somehow? It can be tedious adding 200 pdf files as links for viewing.

Watdaflip
02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
You could make a new directory for the pdf files. Don't publish a index to that directory and it will list the contents (all the pdf files). Theres no way to automatically add a link of the pdfs to one of your pages without using a script to open & read the contents of a directory looking for files with .pdf extension (or one to generate the html for a current list of pdfs you have)