Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP, Adding a bunch of .PDF files to website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, Adding a bunch of .PDF files to website.

I have a webpage that I need to add about 200 .pdf files for viewing. Is there a way to add them all at once? I have them in folders and I have been manually adding each .pdf to the page as a link. As you can see, this can be quite repetitive having to manually add 200 .pdf files as a list to the webpage.

Does any one know a good shortcut to do something like select a folder containing all of the files and having a list automatically created on the webpage? I currently use Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Re: HELP, Adding a bunch of .PDF files to website.

Yes, by the FTP.

Drag them from your computer and drag them to your FTP.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      Yes, by the FTP.

Drag them from your computer and drag them to your FTP.
      Thank you for your response. I know how to do that but how can I generate a list on the webpage without having to add each pdf file seperately as a link? Is there a way to generate a list somehow? It can be tedious adding 200 pdf files as links for viewing.

Comment

You could make a new directory for the pdf files. Don't publish a index to that directory and it will list the contents (all the pdf files). Theres no way to automatically add a link of the pdfs to one of your pages without using a script to open & read the contents of a directory looking for files with .pdf extension (or one to generate the html for a current list of pdfs you have)

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X