Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows how to put a CSS code

hello,
    i donwloaded a free css code and want to know how to use it using Bluevoda. if anyone knows how to do it, please be so kind ot explain to me step by step since i am a beginner....
    thanks!!

Re: Anyone knows how to put a CSS code

First of all let me make sure you are aware that for the most part when using css with bv, you will only be able to use the formatting capability of it (changing text color, size, weight, etc). The capabilities of css like position are not going to work unless you are adding specific html elements with an html box. (I hope that made sense)

That being said you can do it two ways

1) upload the file and add this line between the <head></head> tags
    <link href="http://yoursite.com/css_file.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

2) insert all the css code into an individual page. Encase it with <style>... css code ... </style> and add it between the <head></head> tags

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

1- when you say "upload the file" do you mean to the domain folder in the Cpanel?
      2- what do you mean with "The capabilities of css like position are not going to work unless you are adding specific html elements with an html box. ".. that the position of header and buttons sre nt going to be applied?

dont forget im a beginner. i read that doing i with CSS is easier to change things at once...thats why im trying to learn how to do it.
      thanks again.

Comment

1) Yes, uploading it to the folder for your domain name.
        2) Using css with a website builder like BV isn't the same as hard coding your website. Every website is made up of html code, BV generates this code as well as the css code for each element on the page. Since most any css code you try to implement will be overridden by the code BV generates. There is positioning on every element so that will overwrite any you define. Some things like formating are not defined for every element, so when you define them it should stick.

Basically BV isn't meant to have outside css added. It might be worth a shot, but chances are it won't work as expected

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X