X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music files to play on music page

Dear BlueVoda,

I'm a musician. I'd like to create a music page where all my songs will reside in an organized system and can be played by my visitors on a resident music player. (Much like MySpace).

How can I do this?

So far (after successfully having created, linked and published my pages, including my music page - and all work well), this what I've tried:

1. Installed File Uploader
    2. Installed (via DirectX) a Window Media Player
    3. Uploaded, via File Uploader, then saved and published, four songs from my C:drive, 3 mp3 and 1 wav. The files are there (somewhere) because it took ages for the publishing to complete.
    4. I can't see these file anywhere, under any file name.
    Therefore I can't access them to be imported into the player.
    5. This may not be the proper approach - and I'm stuck.
    6. Playlist. I also need to create a playlist (or more) on the page.
    7. The whole arrangement should operate somewhat like MySpace - with less limitation.

Thank you for your assistance,
    Gabor 22165
    gabor-music.com
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: Music files to play on music page

Hi .. not sure how My Space works .. but ..

All songs will need to be played as individuals, unless of course you created one long music file, which wouldn't be a good idea as it would be a very large file for people to download to listen to ..

You can put the links to each music file on your music page ..

example

Name of Song - then link this text to that song - the link to the song will be http://www.yourdomain.com/nameofsong.mp3

and the one that is different will be http://www.yourdomain.com/nameofsong.wav

Or you could insert each song into the windows media icon found in your web builder. If you do it this way, be sure that you do not have the player on auto start, as all songs would start at once ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, Lady(pretty)Eye,

You hit the nail right on the head.

The first version means the my viewer will have a download situation and I'd like to avoid this. (Also: from what source would the downloaded song play? From my root-file?)

The second option I figured out - with the important exception of disabling autostart. (I first created a folder in my BlueVoda, which I populated with my music files by simply dragging them over. And I have a number of WMPs playing - it seems to be working. But:)

I CAN'T DISABALE AUTOSPLAY.
      How do I disable autoplay?
      (I already tried the obvious, unchecked the box, saved the page and published it. Still.)
      This is the central question of this communication.

There seems to be a third option: to install third party web-music players.
      This would do the job- but somewhat tricky. I might need help here.

Gabor
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Hi Gabor …
        There are several ways to present your musical pieces using BV web builder.. Here is an example for featuring songs using I frames created by Naval….

For more insight you can research mp3 music using the search tool here at the forum

Have Fun… Doug

Comment

How to install a resident mp3 player?

Thank you all for the advice, but it's not what I have in mind.
          What I need is an EMBEDDED, Resident, etc. mp3 player, that is accessible without any downloading and which will play the mp3 files which are also residing within my domain. (Please check out: www.thepuzzle.hu - there is a good example for something easy and simple. Virtual Jukebox is not my thing.)

Please, whoever is familiar with similar applications (mp3 players) that appears in the above site, share your knowledge with me - and the likes.

Gabor
          www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Originally posted by gabor View Post
            How to install a resident mp3 player?

Thank you all for the advice, but it's not what I have in mind.
            What I need is an EMBEDDED, Resident, etc. mp3 player, that is accessible without any downloading and which will play the mp3 files which are also residing within my domain. (Please check out: www.thepuzzle.hu - there is a good example for something easy and simple. Virtual Jukebox is not my thing.)

Please, whoever is familiar with similar applications (mp3 players) that appears in the above site, share your knowledge with me - and the likes.

Gabor
            your question has been answered in your other thread you started ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X