Someone teach me how to create a social network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone teach me how to create a social network

I want to learn how to create my own social network, can someone send me a link, to where I can create my own social network on my existing site for free, (www.great-windmill.com) or someone teach me how to create one for free.

(P.S I don't want to use phpbb, I want to create my own from scratch and make it like myspace kinda)
    Check out:
    Great Windmill (A Place Where You Can Have Fun!)

You can do so much on the website, check it out!

Re: Someone teach me how to create a social network

If you want to make your own from scratch you need to start by learning to program in one or more programming languages.

If you site is hosted with vodahost I would suggest going with php, if you have another host that uses windows servers you could go with a language like ASP.net, but its a little more difficult to pick up. Cold fusion is also a viable option. You will need to learn how to use a database as well MySQL is the most popular one for web applications.

You will probably also want to use javascript in your site as well (used for a variety of reasons, mainly for manipulation of the web page after it has loaded without it reloading).

There are many good tutorial sites out there to help learn a programming language, some find books easier to learn from though.

There isn't really a resource of information you can go to in order to learn how to make a site like this from start to finish, a lot of it is learning how dynamic web pages work and interact with the user and the server, and then piecing together everything to work as a unified application.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      If you want to make your own from scratch you need to start by learning to program in one or more programming languages.

If you site is hosted with vodahost I would suggest going with php, if you have another host that uses windows servers you could go with a language like ASP.net, but its a little more difficult to pick up. Cold fusion is also a viable option. You will need to learn how to use a database as well MySQL is the most popular one for web applications.

You will probably also want to use javascript in your site as well (used for a variety of reasons, mainly for manipulation of the web page after it has loaded without it reloading).

There are many good tutorial sites out there to help learn a programming language, some find books easier to learn from though.

There isn't really a resource of information you can go to in order to learn how to make a site like this from start to finish, a lot of it is learning how dynamic web pages work and interact with the user and the server, and then piecing together everything to work as a unified application.

Hope that helps
      I am assuming that you can't teach me how to make my own social network, like myspace, or even know anyone who can teach me how to create my own social network like myspace for free, or a tutorial that can teach me how to create a social network for free either
      Check out:
      Great Windmill (A Place Where You Can Have Fun!)

You can do so much on the website, check it out!

Comment

You can probably find an existing social networking script you can install on your site for free at http://hotscripts.com.

Making a website like myspace is an extremely involved task, requiring you to know/learn how to program in order to create it. There is no tutorial that will give you step by step instructions on creating one (it would be easier to just create the script and allow people to download it).

To put it into perspective, it would be like giving step by step instructions to building a car from the ground up, not buying any parts, rather making each part by hand. Thats is the magnitude of building highly interactive sites from scratch

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

LOL

Finding it difficult translating into "Canadian" with a teenager dialect, General?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I want a lesson on How to prepare My own Website and How to set up a social network.

Comment

Originally posted by royalprince View Post
              I want a lesson on How to prepare My own Website and How to set up a social network.
              LOL.. well. How about ASKING instead of demanding for starters. There is no such critter in existence. Its a combination of things if you read the above posts there are some excellent prepartation tips.

If you want lessons on basic web building, then read all the tutorials available here for different builders, decide how you are building, then find some tutorials on the net for html, php, etc etc. Or take a class at your local college.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well after reading an article about Web 2.0 and young millionaires in the sunday times magazine, im now really interested catching this Big Fish.

Although i think for the time being I'll stick with my forums, because it looks like social netoworks require deep-how and not to mention time.

one day though... lol

Comment

I do not know how but if you call your local school, you can get a very talented college student to teach you or help you create a network for a fraction of the cost!

Comment

Working...
                  X