check out my new site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out my new site...

Hello, I've just published my first two pages...home and about ...so those are the only links working at this time. I'd like some feedback on my site design, colors, appeal, what have you before I go much further. I'm going for a 'girly, retro' type look/feel and the colors are designed to coordinate with my product packaging currently with the photographer. Please let me know what you think...I'm tough...I can take it! (oh should I say I'm soft as buttaahhhh :)

www.abutterplace.com

Thanks! Kt

Re: check out my new site...

ooooppppsss, forgot to say that I haven't yet perfected the art of title, headline, and meta tags, descriptions etc but plan to work on those as I get my content written so they will be there soon!

Comment

Hi, the sites got a nice feel & look to it. Couple of things that maybe worth a look.
      The logo http://www.abutterplace.com/abp_logo_rosetext.gif feels like the letters want spacing apart a little more.
      The text is over lapping in Fire Fox.
      Butter Rich Bath, Body and Spa
      The flowered background image is fine at 142 kb, but could be down to about 10kb if cropped & placed in a table with repeat. Always worth remembering those on dial up as customers. Doing this will also make life easy if you wanted to extend the page vertically at any time to? extend your menu or similar things.
      But otherwise, all is looking good.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris...I'll check out that overlapping script as soon as I figure out what firefox is...LOL! Seriously, I know...just have to find the fix.

I did something weird while building and publishing another page so it caused my about page to distort...I have a feeling I saved or named something incorrectly, so I need to figure that out...maybe tomorrow, I'm pooped...this site building is addicting and exhausting.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

I see the part out of sink is a <h1> tag. See if this helps. Place the 1st part of the code in page property's "Between the head"
          Then place the 2nd part in a html box on the front of the page. It seems to hold a better position on the page than some other methods. I havnt quite worked out why this is better as yet, but its somthing to do with display:inline part of the CSS head code. But have a test 1st & see how you get on.

Good luck.

<style type="text/css">
          h1 {font-size:16px;color:#000000;font-family:Comic Sans MS;font-style:normal;display:inline;}
          </style>
          <h1>Butter Rich Bath, Body and Spa</h1>
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, I'll try that...sorry for not responding sooner!

Comment

Hey KT,
              You have done a good job. All the pages that are there come smooooooth as buttaaaaahhh. I realize it's your logo but the mixing of lower and upper case letters caught me wondering. Maybe what Chris said about spacing would help. Very nice though. Keep spreading it.
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thanks Mike...I am pretty 'smooooooth'... it is my logo but it's also a font called 'pharmacy' that mixes the upper and lower case. I'm hoping my product photos will tie it all together, but if not, I'm certainly not opposed to spreading it out. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Hi Kt:)

I am so glad I only have nice things to say about your site. I like it very much. Original and unique - it's a nice place to find oneself. Your attention to the right way to do things promises a professional and functional site when completed.
                  I looked yesterday and didn't have time to respond. Wondered about the black background and glad to see it changed but still wonder if it couldn't be 'softened' up a bit. Purely a matter of taste but I'd like to see it with a more pastel variation or even white for that matter. Up to you.
                  Good work and very good luck to you....
                  Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thank you Ken for those kind words. I am still looking for other backgrounds, but have settled on this for now. My products are packaged with black lids and black accents around my logo so I am hoping it all ties together in the end.

My husband and I are hoping to get up your way later this spring or early summer...I'd love to stop by and see your shop!

Comment

Originally posted by aabutterplace View Post
                      My husband and I are hoping to get up your way later this spring or early summer...I'd love to stop by and see your shop!
                      Love to have you Kt :)

We will be in Europe the month of May though so keep that in mind.

Let us know....
                      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                        I see the part out of sink is a <h1> tag. See if this helps. Place the 1st part of the code in page property's "Between the head"
                        Then place the 2nd part in a html box on the front of the page. It seems to hold a better position on the page than some other methods. I havnt quite worked out why this is better as yet, but its somthing to do with display:inline part of the CSS head code. But have a test 1st & see how you get on.

Good luck.

FireFox moves divs down a line, and this causes overlaps.

To create a h1 text that will stay where it is, type your text whereever you want it, and format it as you like. Then right click it, and paste:

<h1 style="margin:0px;"> in the before Tag

and

</h1> in the After Tag.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,
                          is it still ok to pop this part in the head? IE:

<style type="text/css">
                          h1 {font-size:16px;color:#000000;font-family:Comic Sans MS;font-style:normal;margin:0px;}
                          </style>
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

From the h1 tag point of view, sure, this way you define the class as css. So i don't see why not. But why bother ? I mean, seems to me much easier doing it directly as text definition.

From the overlapping (moving the div down) point of view, i am not sure, i will try that later
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George, it was just a case of leaving it in the head of the page on a template to save remembering to retype it on all pages. (Getting lazy) lol IE.

<STYLE type="text/css">
                              h1 {font-size:24px;color:#000000;font-family:Comic Sans MS;font-style:normal;margin:0px;}
                              h2 {font-size:20px;color:#00ff00;font-family:Comic Sans MS;font-style:normal;margin:0px;}
                              h3 {font-size:16px;color:#00ff00;font-family:Comic Sans MS;font-style:normal;margin:0px;}
                              </STYLE>
                              Cheers.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X