Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious if vodahost w/allow me to set up a social networking site..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious if vodahost w/allow me to set up a social networking site..

I want to have a site where users can set up online profiles, upload pictures, music...similar to myspace or facebook....can I do that with this??? Is there extra cost? Also, I have NEVER had any experience setting up a site, will I have help if I need it?

Re: Curious if vodahost w/allow me to set up a social networking site..

social networks in general don't violate the TOS, but some features might like music uploads (you have to make sure that none are copyrighted)

There is no extra cost, you can use the webspace you pay for however you want it as long as it doesn't violate the TOS

The forum provides a hole bunch of support and help setting up a website in general, setting up a social network is a little more complicated, and depending on what you need possibly out of scope of what help the forum can provide

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I have basically the same question. I do have experience creating a small website before, but am now in the works of creating a site that would require you to register by creating a username (similar to what you need to do to use this forum) and logging in with a password.

I'm pretty sure this would be an action I would need to create using forms, but how could I set something like this up?

Similar to facebook or myspace, I would like to allow those who register to my site to be able write blogs, submit video and pictures (music wouldn't be needed).

I'm prepared to invest in the three-year plan very soon if I can find peace of mind that there is either a tutorial or someone to contact that could help me out with this one very important aspect of my site. I'll be fine with everything else on my own.

So, to re-cap, how might I...

1) enable visitors to register usernames (with passwords) on my site
      2) allow those registered visitors the opportunity to blog
      3) allow those registered visitors the opportunity to post a few pictures (maybe a "profile picture" like on Facebook or MySpace) and perhaps video (though video isn't a necessity at this time).

Thank you very much for your time everyone!

Comment

Click the below.....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Additionally, many of the CMS foundations featured free with a VodaHost account (Joomla, phpNuke, Mambo, PostNuke, Xoop, etc.) already have many of these features pre-installed, and are expandable according to need, and each have a Support Community that includes professional freelancers to customize the applications as well.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If I buy this software (Altrasoft) or social networking software like it, would the Blue Voda Sitebuilder allow me to collaborate the two programs? I've already created most of my site via Blue Voda and was planning on setting up a Voda Host within the next month or two (when the site looks ready to launch), but don't want to have to buy this software and then re-create my website on it. So again, can I use this kind of software within the Blue Voda Sitebuilder site I've already begun creating?

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

For all intents and purposes no, you won't be able to change the script using BlueVoda. (Depending on if the script has a template system and how it is setup it might be a slim chance you could get it to work, but it would be still be a pain at that).

Scripts are programmed by hand, you are not going to find ones that will work with a program like BV which generates html code.

It would be like trying to paint your car with marker, the two just are not compatible

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X