Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please come in and take a look...

www.saveourspace.info

my very first site... getting closer to "finished" (are they ever?)
    I welcome any/all suggestions...

Re: Please come in and take a look...

Jazzigirl,
    Very insightful. i like the site but the bright blue against the white is a little hard on my old eyes to read so much. Maybe if you went to a little darker blue, or put a back ground color behind it. I am all for your concept. I am working for a new company that is making an add on to older A/C units to make them more efficient and use less Elictricity in the hot part of the summer. My best wishes go to you and the operation. Good Luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by JazziGirl View Post
      www.saveourspace.info

my very first site...
      I don't believe you!!!!!

In other words, well done! Very well presented indeed. When you have time search for the user 'Beth' on the forums and reed the SEO tips in her signature, you need to work on your meta data, page titles, descriptions etc but otherwise I personally am extremely impressed.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on background color and text... person i am creating for wanted it so very simple on white (may give deeper blue a try).

I have just been given the OK to add "a few" graphics so that will be a fun new challenge. I hope I can do so without messing up things which are finally working smoothly!

And yes on to Meta Tags, etc.... that is almost to the top of my to do list now - was lucky enough to find Beth's wonderfully helpful posts and shared info. very early in my building process... which I know saved many a headache for me...
        as did so much of the reading i've done within this knowledgeable community of folk so willing to share. Thanks to you all!!

More feedback is still greatly welcomed!

Comment

Very well done. Just one small issue; On your Pledge page are no navigation to get back to the other pages, except the explorer back button, but I'm sure you are still busy and its on your next steps...
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Hi, off to a great start for your 1st one. Ditto with the blue, & your suggestion of darker will work well. Got a bit of hesitation on page loading & the image at the top left is not helping at 233kb. Theres a 13 kb attached if it helps.

Good luck.
            Attached Files
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

All that I can say what a great job you have done. It gets you thinking. Well good luck with it again great job.
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Glad to hear all suggestions!
                My "boss" wants to stay w/the bright blue text... so it goes...

Thanks for the reminder about the pledge page w/no navigation back.
                Had wanted to keep it simple to print without users having to print colored globe.
                How might I add simple navigation that would not be printed along with the pledge to be signed?

Also, I had known my globe image seemed large... just wasn't sure it was that problematic in terms of causing slow loading.
                To be honest I am scared to make changes with that image... afraid i will mess things up at this point...
                but do want to get better w/images, resizing, etc. so what a better place to try then here and now with so much help out there...

so Chris... or anyone... anything I should particularly watch out for before I go in to switch one sized globe image for another? Yikes! Why does messing w/that make me so nervous??

Comment

Hi, just click on the thumbnail that is on this forum & it should open one of your image programs. Just save as a different name to the one you have to save overwriting it. To swap it over, just double click on your BV page image & insert your new one. It should be the same size as the one you have on your page. But just in case, when you swap the image, right click on the new image & select restore original size.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

you have done a great job ... well done ... something you might like to consider is a copyright notice on the bottom of your pages ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks Chris, it's Monday... will give that globe resizing a try today.

And about adding that copyright on bottom of each page...

Is there a simple way to have that on each page without adding it to the text of each page? (my page lengths vary so... )

Comment

[quote=JazziGirl;216977]www.saveourspace.info
                        Our chosen role is to share sensible ideas, methods and means for supporting, protecting, conserving and using those “things” needed for the survival of the multitude of interconnected living “things” sharing Earth and surrounding space. These vital resources include but are not limited to energy; breathable air; clean, fresh water; green growing things; and individualized, creative intelligence.

Jazzigirl, your site is straightforward and I read every page
                        thoroughly but still don't 'get' what it is about. Much talk
                        about intelligence and although I'm in the 'genius IQ' range
                        I still don't understand exactly what you are proposing. This may seem like a strange critique but content does count!

Marcie
                        Marcie
                        www.redtractorfarm.com
                        www.iloveacorns.com
                        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Thanks Chris, it's Monday... will give that globe resizing a try today.

And about adding that copyright on bottom of each page...

Is there a simple way to have that on each page without adding it to the text of each page? (my page lengths vary so... )
                          Hi, i see you have your pages in php. I take it that you have done it navels way? Maybe not quite what you want, but could you not add it to the menu php page so it will be on all of your pages. You could place it lower down to suite the longest page .
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, yes i have used navels way :)
                            very happy w/ how simple that was...

just looking over his Single Menu page instructions again... to see about adding the copyright info. to the bottoms of all my pages in a footer.

His final note is that this trick can be used for footers, etc. and what I think he goes on to say is that each element needs to have its own name and own page... yes?

Comment

Hi, yes i have used navels way :)
                              very happy w/ how simple that was...

just looking over his Single Menu page instructions again... to see about adding the copyright info. to the bottoms of all my pages in a footer.

His final note is that this trick can be used for footers, etc. and what I think he goes on to say is that each element needs to have its own name and own page... yes?
                              Hi, if the main menu is a page the the php calls for, you could just place it on that page, & when your pages call for the menu, the copywrite will be there as well.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X