Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows media player

Hi
    This has got me stumped. I have added media player to many of my pages without problem ie dragging the media box onto the page , picking a file to play. Then using a link with an events tab, adding the media player file number ie media file 1 and setting the options to play. this works on all the pages I need it on except one?????? on this page I can drag the media box on without any problem and the page previews ok but as soon as I try to add a link as before the page will not preview (the whole window is blank) and if I publish it as it is the whole page does not open up at all on my site it is just completely blank??? If I remove the link then the page becomes visible again in preview??? I can't see why this page should be any different. I have done exactly the same as on the other pages but this one page will not accept a link to a sound file(even using the same soundfile which works on another page. if you look at my site the sound files are not yet working live as I am just testing at the moment but they all, apart from this one work in preview.

Just had a thought, the page I am trying to add a soudfile to is also using a menu bar and the others aren't. could this be causing the problem??

Thanks once again

Paul

www.didjNT.com

Re: Windows media player

Hi ..
    Possibly, yes, it could be ..

you should refer to the page in question by it's name or link though so anyone could take a look for you .. perhaps it is the file in question itself? Is it valid? can you go to it in your files on your computer and play it? What is it's file extension?
    You might want to consider optimizing your images on these pages, as each one is far larger than you want on your pages, reduce its size at www.dynamicdrive.com with their online optimizer. reduce to 35-40 kbs or less when and where you can .. this will help with your page loading times.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks

Checked out the optimizer, Looks good and have tried a few demo's but how do but how do I choose which image I want and then save it on my PC. does it have to be downloaded first if so I can't see how to do it

Thanks again

Comment

Hi
        I have realised I can just use the optimiser on line and just save the images wherever. If I change all of the picture sizes in my image folder on my site do I then have to delete the original pictues on each and every page, replace them and re-publish every page againn to benefit from the reduced size??? or will that happen automatically as the page is now using the new files when it opens. If I do then it's going to take ages!!!!!

Thanks

Paul
        www.didjnt.com

Comment

a few pics at a time then, LOL .. yes, you will need to replaced these pictures with the optimized pictures .. just take your time .. :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X