Initial Website Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Website Review

Please check out the website to help make it appear a little more professional. I understand I might not like what I hear but if it will make the site better, then I'm OK with it.

Thanks in advance

Curtis

Re: Initial Website Review

Hi

Just took a look at your first page very briefly.
    I'm not a technical person, but off the top of my head -
    1. when the first screen comes up (without scrolling), there is no way to tell what the site is about...I think you could put more specific information or photos right into the first frame. I know pretty much nothing myself, but remember reading that the eye of the viewer will travel from the top left corner, out and down, so place info accordingly.
    2. Visually, alot of blues, maybe needs some contrast or punch.
    That's just my own quick take on it...
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Comment

Hi, you need to go through your images & resize a few of them as they are slowing the pages down. IE: the image attached is about 60kb & was 600kb on your page. When you save your images, it will also good to save them as jpg & not bmp as this can save lots of kb's & help the fast loading of pages.
      The images will also look better if left at the original size to save distortion.

Good luck.
      Attached Files
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Curtis,
        You have a good start, and that's half the battle. remember this can be an ongoing process. Your home page is very clean. You might want to put borders or frames around the pics to make them stand out. What was said about when the page comes up what's it about.... Maybe put your text at the top, or above the pic. I think you just need a little punch in the pages. good work and keep it up, that's beautiful country you get to advertise.
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
        X