Making Changes to Form Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Changes to Form Fields

I've searched this forum and couldn't find an answer to my question, so I appologize if an answer has already been posted somewhere. First let me begin by saying that I am very weak in knowing anything about forms. I actually had Naval install a form for me and its working perfectly. However, now I noticed that I may want to add another field to the form or change a field value in the existing (already installed) form. However, I'm afraid that if I change anything it will no longer work. Naval supplied me with a copy of my form after he published it. Can I just open this copy up in BV and make the changes I want, save it, then republish the page? Will the form still work or do I need to do something else as well? Thanks for your help!

Re: Making Changes to Form Fields

Hi James,

Yes, the form will still work. However, just send me your requirements, and i will modify the form for you, no problem at all.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval. All I needed to know was that I wouldn't damage the form if I made changes and republished. I made the changes myself and republished the form and its working great. You are extremely helpful! Thanks again. But, I have a follow up questions. Go to my web site www.mywillparty.com. Click on the "Application" tab - this is the form on which I have a question. Under "Spouse's e-mail address" I specifically did not make that a required data field - I only wanted the first e-mail address above that to be required (which it is). However, You cannot submit the form without putting an e-mail address in the "Spouse e-mail address" field (the name of that field is called "Spouse email-e"). Can I make this so its not required for this e-mail address only? Thanks.

Comment

Hi James.

You didn't make that required, BUT you have put a constraint for it to be a valid email address. When BV sees this constraint, it looks at the field value and requires a value (even though you have not made it required).

Unset the validation. Don't worry about not having it validated as email address, ABVFP will verify that upon submission and will take care of it. If it finds a non valid value, it will display an error message.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X