First website and enjoying Vodahost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First website and enjoying Vodahost

All comments would be appreciated. Still to complete Meta tags when I come to grips with the concept. Still to figure how to get the search engines there, but with some more experience that wil come I am sure. I think Blue voda is a hoot and so easy to do. I think I might have a small issue with a couple of the buttons when you hold the curser over them, the names are incorrect.

Whisper125

Re: First website and enjoying Vodahost

Check your "contact us" form. It does not appear to be validating the email address. I was able to type in 'asdasdasdasd' and never received a response saying that my email address was not valid. Go to properties > validate tab> and select email address. This will automatically do the validation for you.
    Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
    www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Originally posted by SStephenson View Post
      Check your "contact us" form. It does not appear to be validating the email address. I was able to type in 'asdasdasdasd' and never received a response saying that my email address was not valid. Go to properties > validate tab> and select email address. This will automatically do the validation for you.
      Many of us are using a secure email form (script), or one made with ABDFP....it is not as simple as you suggest to make "corrections" you assume are so basic, Scott....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I think it's great, Whisper!

The only things I'd say were to make sure it's centered in browser, and maybe make the items in the contents list on the right, clickable.

Yay, good job!
        Emmy
        www.cherrylanememories.com

Comment

hloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Nice site whisper, nice layout and flows well. I did notice that your banner/logo has an issue, on your home page it says crafty-things.org on one line but the other pages it is on two lines covering part of the text under it. Try making the text box a little wider on those pages and it should take care of it. Good work, Good Luck.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

good start

embroidered button on calico page navigates to page not found.
              calico button on embroidery page navigates to embroidery page.
              contact on embroidery page navigates to calico page.

check all your buttons and make sure they navigate correctly.

open all pages in BV, navigate to each one by selecting the tabs for the pages. notice how the parts jump around. go back to the first page and select an item. look down to the rh bottom of BV. notice when you grab the item that the x and y axis change. these are position points up/down and left/right. go from page to page and set all identical items the same.
              if you want a site that navigates uniformly that is.

it's a lot to learn, but you're gonna be so proud of yourself when you get all this.

make the changes and keep checking the forum.

"if you give a person your fish, they'll just come back
              if you teach a person to fish, they'll learn to feed themselves"

happy fishing and crafting !
              journey462001
              www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

You have done alot of work. It looks good, I agree with the comments above, Center your pages, the buttons on the different pages checked, and your logo on the inside pages. One other thing, You might wnat to rethink the big voda banner at the top, don't get me wrong I love it and this place, but I would either put it at the bottom or along the left side. You want your logo banner at the top and making the first focus of eyes. Good Luck!!
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Just Curious Whisper125 Have you sold any products lately?

Comment

Working...
                  X