How do you cancel the login request but still stay on the page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cancel the login request but still stay on the page

I have a log in area on my webpage but when I tested it works fine now except if the visitor doesn't wish to enter a login and clicks cancel in the dialogue box the whole page disappears and you get the authorization required page come up. Is there any way to cancel a login but stay on the page so that you can navigate away from it?

Sarah

Re: How do you cancel the login request but still stay on the page

Originally posted by sarah hk View Post
    I have a log in area on my webpage but when I tested it works fine now except if the visitor doesn't wish to enter a login and clicks cancel in the dialogue box the whole page disappears and you get the authorization required page come up. Is there any way to cancel a login but stay on the page so that you can navigate away from it?

Sarah
    Forgive me if I misunderstand this, but it sounds a bit contradictory? If the client is coming on to a password protected page and doesn't log in then surely you don't want them to stay on this page?

If you don't want to lose the cliebt though, make sure the link to the log-in page has _blank in the target field, that way when they shut it down, the original site page is still there.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hello Ramsey,
      Actually this page is password protected (through the Cpanel) so I could not see the log in box until it was publsihed. I don't know how to oamke this dialogue box open ina blank. I know if they can't log in then they need to go to another page but at the moment they are just kicked off the page it seems.

sarah

Comment

No what I mean is... on your site somewhere, I presume they click a link that takes them to the password protected page? That's the link that you need to put _blank in the target.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Raamsey,
          Okay I got it now, it is under process

Thaks very much.

Sarah

Comment

You're very welcome

Comment

Working...
            X