No announcement yet.

help me clean up my folder mess please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me clean up my folder mess please?

Hey all, I've made a complete mess of my folders and pages and need to know how to organize them.

When I first downloaded BV I played a lot making pages and stuff I no longer need. None of these pages are published. Can someone tell me how to get rid of these?..I've looked and looked but am probably missing something simple. I'm not the *****est knife in the drawer when it comes to my computer :)

Also, I didn't really organize the pages I do need into folders and am again probably missing a simple fix. I'd like to move my 'keeper' pages into folders...yes, I am a dweeb!

Re: help me clean up my folder mess please?

Oh geeeze...never mind! I knew as soon as I asked I would figure it out.

Comment

When I first downloaded BV I played a lot making pages and stuff I no longer need. None of these pages are published. Can someone tell me how to get rid of these?..I've looked and looked but am probably missing something simple.

If you just use the BV software - click "File" - "Open Page" you can see the pages you have created. ( You may have to enable html files in the bottom line ) Click on them individually and view them - If you dont need to keep it -- close it - Click "open page" again - Highllight the file name and right click -- You will see options to Delete - Rename etc.

Also, I didn't really organize the pages I do need into folders and am again probably missing a simple fix. I'd like to move my 'keeper' pages into folders.

Again click "File" -- "Open Page" - Right Click on the area where the files are listed -- One of the options you will see is "NEW" -- select it - click "FOLDER" and you have a new folder and again right click on it to rename your folder and you can drag and drop or cut and paste the Keeper files to the new folders.

I too am new here - I hope this helps you --

Comment

Hi,

Just goto "C/MyDocuments/BlueVoda" in your windows explorer highlight the folder or file and click delete.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I also have a mess on my desktop and I do not know how to clean it up. All I did was create a MISC file and start moving junk into it. The file only gets rid of the stuff and adds to the problem. It is not a permanent solution.

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar-DFHIE View Post
            I also have a mess on my desktop and I do not know how to clean it up. All I did was create a MISC file and start moving junk into it. The file only gets rid of the stuff and adds to the problem. It is not a permanent solution.

Sorry
            Oscar,

Open your windows browser
            at the top lefthand corner you will see an icon with the words "Desktop"

Select the icon and all what is on your desktop will appear.

Right click and delete what ever you do not need.

Whatever you still need but seldom use you can drag and save in
            "C:\MyDocuments\your name\unused desktop folder"

After you have completed with your cleanup

Select the "unused desktop folder" and drag it to the "desktop icon"

Your "unused desktop folder" will appear on your desktop.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X