Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-sizing images

Hi
    I have just used the optimiser on line http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ to try out a few image reductions. If I change all of the picture sizes in my image folder on my site do I then have to delete the original pictues on each and every page, replace them and re-publish every page again to benefit from the reduced size??? or will that happen automatically as the page is now using the new files (same file names) when it opens. If I do then it's going to take ages!!!!!

Thanks
    Paul
    www.didjNT.com

Re: re-sizing images

Hi, chances are the new image will have a new name. (Keep it) or take the opportunity to rename them to something that is SE friendly & that will help your sites ratings.
    You will have to replace the image on your page with the new ones. I wouldn't advise renaming your images to the ones you have on your pages at the moment as it will overwrite the originals & they will be lost.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, chances are the new image will have a new name. (Keep it) or take the opportunity to rename them to something that is SE friendly & that will help your sites ratings.
      You will have to replace the image on your page with the new ones. I wouldn't advise renaming your images to the ones you have on your pages at the moment as it will overwrite the originals & they will be lost.
      Will I haveto re-publish each page? + what is SE friendly and why will this help with my sites ratings/

Thanks for your help

Paul
      www.didjNT.com

Comment

Hi, Yes you will have to republish. On the ratings part! The images are also part of the SE's search criteria. IE: would you type for a search for:
        Djapilawuy Gurruwiwi 0F ***** main vertical gallery
        or "red
        didjeridu".
        Everything you can do can only help with the SE's choosing you rather than another site that has everything named correctly.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for you help Chris

didn't realise this about Se's some work to do then I think

Cheers

Paul

Comment