Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please comment on my new website for a modelling friend of mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please comment on my new website for a modelling friend of mine!

Hi

Just finished this site (my 2nd) - I'd appreciate any comments.

www.julietaarenas.com

Thank you
    Pete

Re: Please comment on my new website for a modelling friend of mine!

it looks nice ... a couple of things ... your home page needs text for the search engines to search and find you ...

the photo on the front page probably gives visitors the wrong impression if this young lady is a serious model. It talks about fashion modelling in the bio but there are no fashion shots in the portfolio. All the shots in the portfolio have the same feel, they do not show this young lady's diversity or character. I suggest using only the best shots.

The bio page has spelling mistakes eg. experince should be experience. Sometimes you spell modelling as modeling ... here it is modelling ... also sometimes there is a space between the paragraph and sometimes not.

keep up the good work.
    kym, merlin & tala
    creating white majick
    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
    www.merlinsmajick.com
    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Kym is dead-on with commenting on the importance of content (properly formatted: spelling) and the role it has to play in the value of the site itself (as a measure to both the SE's and the visitor .... and how visitor credibility may often "excuse" other aspects if compensating - like the observation of how the portfolio is presented in lieu of other basic constructs).

Being minimalist in the approach is fine, for some sites. In image-heavy sites such as for your model clients though, you need to rely on the utmost precision in the foundation first, and then means to counter-balance with appropriate Content development.

One technical tweak: you need to re-format your Hyperlink Styles....on interior pages, your navigation is showing up with default colors (visited pages appear purple, etc.).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with the comments above I did notice the spelling mistakes on some of the pages, also you may actualy make a regular contact page do to spamming email addresses something you may want to thing about. you are off to a good start just needs that tweaking. Well good luck
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Agree with the comments regarding link color for (home, biography, portfolio, and contact me). Try changing to a white or grayish color.
          Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
          www.canvasappeal.com

Comment

Hi

Thank you for all your comments. I'll correct the spellings straight away!

How do I change the hyperlink styles/colours? I have been trying to, but I can't find how to do it anywhere?

Also, Kym - you mention having text on the homepage for search engones to find the site. Is there anyway around this? Such as using metatags, or does it have to be written on the homepage?

Again - many thanks
            Pete

Comment

Hi, when you highlight the text & click on the hyper link there is an area for styles. You can change it here.

On the text part on the home page. You have to think of it as you trying to find this site when entering a search in "lets say Google" . Yes you can enter her name & it should go to this page. But if people are searching for an Argentinian model, there is no reference to it this within the text of the page. Popping it in the key words it not enough to keep the SE's happy. Also with your key words, keep the punctuation correct as this is another SE no' no. IE: argentina & julieta without a upper case A & J.
              julieta arenas,julieta ad,model,argentina,argentinian,model,fashion,linge rie,runway,magazine,
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks you so much - That looks so much better & I never would have found it!

hmmm - ok, but she really want's to keep the homepage plain. Would it work if I wrote something in black text to hide it?

Comment

I can.t seem to check it out today none of the links are working
                  sigpicJoe
                  Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

lol - Sorry, Try it now! It seems I had covered all the links with a transparent shape???

Comment

Would it work if I wrote something in black text to hide it?
                      If the SE's pick up on it? they will reject your site. Even BMW got put to the bottom of the pile for this one. A lot of spamers used to do this to help with rankings.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by pete146 View Post
                        hmmm - ok, but she really want's to keep the homepage plain. Would it work if I wrote something in black text to hide it?
                        Try placing relevant text at the bottom of the page in similar but not "invisible" color....and in your case, you can have a big gap between the obvious bottom of the "page" to where your content starts, so visitors wouldn't be as likely to even want to read it if they stumbled across it...

Because I used a dynamic menu style on this site, I had to duplicate navigation as text links at the bottom of the page using this same tactic.

Keeping the text "visible" (as more latittude is actually given for links) with regard to color used is absolutely important, just to avoid the "Black Hat SEO" penalization Chris mentioned above.
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks so much to everyone for their help with this. It is really appreciated.

I've done what I THINK is correct with metatags & dark text at the very bottom of the homepage. Have I done it correctly, and is this enough to get the site picked up by SE's?

Thanks again
                          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by pete146 View Post
                            Thanks so much to everyone for their help with this. It is really appreciated.

I've done what I THINK is correct with metatags & dark text at the very bottom of the homepage. Have I done it correctly, and is this enough to get the site picked up by SE's?

Thanks again
                            Pete
                            The simplest answer Pete... NO.. you haven't.

Page Titles: You have a great opportunity to maximise these far greater than what you have already... Putting 'Homepage Julieta Areanas' means very little to the SE's... If she is a model... what about...

Julieta Areanas | Fashion Model | Glamour Model | Argentina

That would be much better to tell the SE's what the site is about don't you agree?

By the way, that page title was very quickly thought out so don't necessarily use mine... I havent' searched your site enough to know if these are the best phrases for you...

Page tilte your pages individually, don't have the same title for each page....

Meta Keywords: You have keywords in your data that are NOT on the page you have keyworded... not recommended at all! Keywords or phrases, MUST be on the page... and don't just sit there thinking of as many keywords as possible, that won't work either... think of three or four main keywords/phrases to use and make sure they are on the page as text too.

More content on your home page will also help too. Maybe use some of that bio page content:

'Available for, fashion modelling, glamour, lingerie, swimwear' etc etc... this would be better placed on the index page.
                            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ok, just noticed you have:

Fashion & Glamour model from Argentina

At the bottom of your homepage in barely readable colour. Why? Make this your main heading, make it up the page and make it a colour we can see....

if this is what this girl does... as a viewer of the site.. don't you want me to know this????
                              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X