Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing to Add on Domain

This may be confusing .. it is for me.

Ok .. I just joined and somehow .. entered the wrong URL ...

So now my main URL .. is www.protec-yout-identity

When it should be ... www.protect-your-identity.us

So what I did was add the correct URL as an add on domain.

Now the password I am using is the one supplied through the welcome letter -but it's for the incorrect URL .. Is this the one I should be using?

Every time I try to publish - I keep getting the warning that the password is wrong. Even though I am just copying and pasting the username and password.

Oh .. by the way .. the correct URL is registered somewhere else ..but I did update the name servers.

Thanks for your help

Re: Publishing to Add on Domain

Hello my advice would be to submit a support ticket and get VH to reset your account. This would be easier.

Otherwise buy this domain name (I am assuming you don't own it?) www.protec-yout-identity point the servers to VH allow a couple of days for probgation and then use www.protect-your-identity.us as an addon domain.

This should work, but I am wondering if you would want to buy a domain name with an incorect spelling.

Darren

Comment

Thanks for your answer .. I think I will try and get VH to reset the account.

Comment

If the domain name that you want is already taken, you cannot use that ..

The domain name gives your website a unique address on the world wide web.

Normally, once you purchase a domain name it is yours until it expires.

It is worthwhile to submit a ticket to support to see about another domain name for your account ..

I wouldn't go with the misspelling.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Lady Eye ..

I know it seems like I don't know what I'm doing, but that's only true part of the time.

The situation is that I own a domain name that is registered with someone else... I simply want to use that domain name/URL. I've already changed the DNS addresses so they point to VodaHost.

Honestly I'm not sure how they ended up with the one they have, since usually all I do is copy and paste (instead of re-typing) - but it was late and my typing is not always on up to speed.

I agree with you about not going with the misspelled URL .. Now I'm waiting again for a response to whether they can/will change the URL. At worst it seems that all they'd to do is .. close the existing account and re=open a new one with the correct address.

Thanks for your input.
          Regards,
          Bill

Comment

Working...
          X