PDA

View Full Version : why sky blue background appears?

convivial
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Why sky blue background appears for my logos?
I have tried to change settings but doesnot work

See the sample at www.hamburgtrip.com/blue.htm (http://www.hamburgtrip.com/blue.htm)

Kindly let me know how to change this background color to white

Collectors-info
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Clear & white in IE & FF at my end, just the text showing.

Marincky
03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
ditto the above

judavvforum
03-11-2008, 05:00 PM
ditto me too! There is a shadow effect to the text. is that what you are referring to?

convivial
03-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Oops..... I think for those who are using Win XP with IE 7 and having their active content security ON see that blue box around the logo.

Do you guys have active content security off?

I am not talking about the shade beneath the text...I am talking about a big box around the whole text

Marincky
03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I tried both ways and still don't see this blue...

convivial
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
ok then try www.hamburgtrip.com/test.htm (http://www.hamburgtrip.com/test.htm)
and let me know do u see boxes in this page

Marincky
03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
ok then try www.hamburgtrip.com/test.htm (http://www.hamburgtrip.com/test.htm)
and let me know do u see boxes in this page

Can you extend on the question please? I see boxes with images in... what do you want me to look for sorry?

convivial
03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
i think you dont see those boxes otherwise you understand what i m saying... But i dont know why its not visible for you...
Actually vodabuilder makes a .png picture of any logo and by default if you see the background of that .png logo is sky blue..So if the bg of your webpage is white then it will mess with that color....
For me the logos and headings i made with logo maker in voda builder are creating problem as these have blue boxes around them which are basically their bg color.....
why dont u see them?

Marincky
03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
i think you dont see those boxes otherwise you understand what i m saying... But i dont know why its not visible for you...
Actually vodabuilder makes a .png picture of any logo and by default if you see the background of that .png logo is sky blue..So if the bg of your webpage is white then it will mess with that color....
For me the logos and headings i made with logo maker in voda builder are creating problem as these have blue boxes around them which are basically their bg color.....
why dont u see them?

I see a light faint blue border around the boxes of your page..

convivial
03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
i m not talking about borders but a full fledge sky blue bg....

may be more users check out and some of them confirm what i say

LadyEye
03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I see the background behind your text images ..

check into your control panel, public_html folder and see if you can see
pngfix.*** .. not sure if this would be the reason, but you should see this file inside your public_html directory .. if not, you might contact support for this ..

convivial
03-11-2008, 06:30 PM
oh let me check

convivial
03-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I dont see any such file...
the list of files are this in public_html

click be
smileys
_private
vti_bin
vti_cnf
vti_pvt
vti_txt
cgi-bin
test.htm
test_files

LadyEye
03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
well in this case then it is worth a ticket to support and ask them about this file for you, perhaps this may be the issue as I believe everyone should have this in their public_html directory ..

support@vodahost.com

pngfix.***

Marincky
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
well in this case then it is worth a ticket to support and ask them about this file for you, perhaps this may be the issue as I believe everyone should have this in their public_html directory ..

support@vodahost.com

pngfix.***

Convivial, could you please come back to this post and let us know what support do for you in this case if indeed this file is required. I have seen this file in most of my accounts under public_html as Lady says, however, it is NOT in every one I have, so I for one would be interested to know if indeed it is a required file for this fix.

convivial
03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
ya may be .... or may be is it ok if i change from .png to other extension?

LadyEye
03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
ya may be .... or may be is it ok if i change from .png to other extension?

Well, if you save to jpg you will have a white background and in your case that is fine ....

but what you could do is right click on your images and save as .png as well and then reinsert them as images on your page .. this worked for me ..

there is only one that you have a transparent image over that you won't be able to copy, you will need to remove that first .. then copy from your webpage directly and reinsert ..

but also check with support about your fix ...

convivial
03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
these are already .png nd i have tried them by picking them as images but same result however i wil try to check by converting it into .jpg

judavvforum
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
convivial

You are probably correct about XP & IE7 security. I just saw the blue background with my laptop, (XP & IE7 with allow active content-off) My other computer (XP & IE7 with allow active content-ON).

convivial
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Ya this is what i was talking about

Tom vR
03-11-2008, 09:41 PM
This is what I see.
http://www.hamburgtrip.com/test_files/bv01065.gif and they are gif files, not png http://www.hamburgtrip.com/test_files/bv01065.gif

convivial
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
no i m not talking about these ones...
Actually i was surfing on google and i came to know about pngfix.***

this file is missing for me and this one actually makes png transparent for IE6 etc.....

Now i m trying to find out how to install that .*** file. I have dloaded it....
let's see

Tom vR
03-11-2008, 10:12 PM
If an upload does not work, then submit a support ticket and they will install it for you.

convivial
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I have tried by converting .png file into .jpg and it worked...
I think its ok even if it works this way...

But i m not sure if .png extension is superior to .jpg or loads faster than it? But i can see .jpg size is less than .png which is good

LadyEye
03-12-2008, 02:23 AM
I have tried by converting .png file into .jpg and it worked...
I think its ok even if it works this way...

But i m not sure if .png extension is superior to .jpg or loads faster than it? But i can see .jpg size is less than .png which is good

and jpg does load quicker and you wont ever see a flash with it as you can with png .. so good choice ..

I suggest you republish an index page though

... a page simply called index

raven520
06-30-2008, 08:37 AM
I see the background behind your text images ..

check into your control panel, public_html folder and see if you can see
pngfix.*** .. not sure if this would be the reason, but you should see this file inside your public_html directory .. if not, you might contact support for this ..

Hello

I had the same problem and been able to solve it by a small script and few code lines which I found at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pnghowto.htm

just follow the instructions.
Hope this will help anyone esle dealing with this
Victor