help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me please

i am about to lounch my new site and i checked two pages (after i have published them) to see how it looks and all and the problem is that it loads very very slowlly!
    i use bluvoda in order to make the site but i do not use the regular buttons and templaets... i made my own buttons (which i put inb blue voda as pictures with a link) most of the pictures i use are in PNG formast (transparent pictures) so they look better on the site rather than jpg.
    i did resize everything to be as small as possible... i made the files as small as possible.. the page file (the one i load in blue voda) is not more than 12KB which is not really a large file... with all this the site loads up really really slowlly! i cannot have a site running up like this... what should i do? should i change it to another server? should i delete all the files in my control pannel and publish the new pages again (i have some files from all publishing atempts) please instruct me what to do.... the site is now temporry published under www.mambo-latino.com/index1.html
    then you press the israely flag to enter the site (there you can see it is already too slow) and then you can press the first button on the right upper corner to enter the secound page i made (which is very slow as well). please help me ASAP. i have seen all the tutorials and none of them helps me in this kind of matter
    thanks
    Yuval

Re: help me please

Hi,
    Your images are faaaaar too big:
    Example
    • magda.png is 116kb
    • moran.png is 168kb
    • mambolatino_01.png is 256kb

I did not look through everything, but the most important thing you must do is to use Pixresizer to resize all your images in terms of pixel sizes.
    Click Customer Support button at the bottom of BlueVoda. Then click on the Pixresizer link to download it.
    Once you have redone all your images, repopulate the page and republish it.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Re: help me please

hello and thanks
      look i have resized all my pictures from the original size to the ones i use on the web site... i resized them through photo shop and not through pixsize (or what ever it is called) cause when i did try to resize it using this program i encountered problems...examples:
      i use the PNG file format (transparent pics) and when i resized those pictures with the program you suggested it didnt work well. i could preview everything fine but the browser would put a line on the top saying something like there are images that the browser blocked... click here to agree to see them (or somehting like that) and you could see the pictures but had that line on the top. when i pressed that line to agree he images would disapear. and when i published the page it got to the part that no images are displayed (like if i have agreed to that line) i do not know if you understand what i am trying to say but i figured out i rather change the image size in photoshop.
      please help me :)
      also i have another problem... i posted all my writings as pictures (makes the site slower i guess) becuase i cannot seem to work well with the language on blue voda.. i mean i did everything said on this forum (by brad) regarding forin languages and on my computer it works fine... and i guess that on another computer (which has windows that was purchased in israel installed it will work fine) but for example my brother has a international windows installed (and he isnt the only one in this country) but also has hebrew fonts installed (in his regional setting he is set to english (usa) and not to hebrew) so my problem is that he doesnt see my site with hebrew (if i publish it with regular letteres and not pictured letters like i did now) he has to enter the browser's encoding settings and change it manually to hebrew... but on other israeli sites such as search engines and other sites (for example www.walla.co.il) he sees everything fine... my question is how do i make my site "TELL" the broswer (no matter on whos computer) to change the encoding settings automatically to hebrew (like other sites do)?
      thanks again
      yuval

Comment

help me again

hello and thanks
        look i have resized all my pictures from the original size to the ones i use on the web site... i resized them through photo shop and not through pixsize (or what ever it is called) cause when i did try to resize it using this program i encountered problems...examples:
        i use the PNG file format (transparent pics) and when i resized those pictures with the program you suggested it didnt work well. i could preview everything fine but the browser would put a line on the top saying something like there are images that the browser blocked... click here to agree to see them (or somehting like that) and you could see the pictures but had that line on the top. when i pressed that line to agree he images would disapear. and when i published the page it got to the part that no images are displayed (like if i have agreed to that line) i do not know if you understand what i am trying to say but i figured out i rather change the image size in photoshop.
        please help me :)
        also i have another problem... i posted all my writings as pictures (makes the site slower i guess) becuase i cannot seem to work well with the language on blue voda.. i mean i did everything said on this forum (by brad) regarding forin languages and on my computer it works fine... and i guess that on another computer (which has windows that was purchased in israel installed it will work fine) but for example my brother has a international windows installed (and he isnt the only one in this country) but also has hebrew fonts installed (in his regional setting he is set to english (usa) and not to hebrew) so my problem is that he doesnt see my site with hebrew (if i publish it with regular letteres and not pictured letters like i did now) he has to enter the browser's encoding settings and change it manually to hebrew... but on other israeli sites such as search engines and other sites (for example www.walla.co.il) he sees everything fine... my question is how do i make my site "TELL" the broswer (no matter on whos computer) to change the encoding settings automatically to hebrew (like other sites do)?
        thanks again
        yuval

Comment

Working...
        X