Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install (embed) a third-party mp3 player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install (embed) a third-party mp3 player?

There are musicians' websites which feature very simple and easy(?) mp3 players (with corresponding, resident songlists to play on them). These players are NOT downloading, nor are the songs downloading from anywhere but from within the site. (You can check: www.thepuzzle.hu - good band, too.)
    Can anyone help with installing a system like that?
    (Virtual Jukebox is NOT a solution, nor are BV media players)

Gabor
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: How to install (embed) a third-party mp3 player?

The player they are using is made with flash, unless you have flash 8 or flash CS3 then you'll find it hard to build a custom player, yet there are programs out their that have pre-made skins.
    at present we have 28 different types a couple HERE show one with list and one with out.

Comment

Hi Alien,

Your site is COOL.

I would do well with the smaller player. The catch is this. I'll have a Master Music Directory Page which will feature sample songs from about twenty albums. Then you can go to the particular LP's own page and listen to the whole thing (almost...)
      This means, that there will be about twenty playlists, from which the songs should play on the player via hyperlink command. (That is, it would be good to avoid having twenty players with their own playlists on them. Instead there should be one Master Player, playing any selection from the page).

Can I get a setup that will do this from you?

(Also, can I get Flash 8 - or the other stuff you mentioned - and if have it how difficult is to build a system like the one ThePuzzle uses?)

I've been messing with a player I downloaded from Downloads, but I can't get it going. If you would, please check out: www.WebsiteMusicPlayer.com ? Player LE 2.03. (I think it's a flash player)

Thankxs,
      Gabor
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Sorry, I forgot something: gabor-music.com

Gabor
        www.gabor-music.com

Comment

At present there is no way around it, if you have twenty albums with twenty album pages that means twenty players, not so bad if your using the same skin for each. These pages I take it will have the full ablum or parts off the album.
          Now your Master Music Directory Page, now on flash players you can put as many song as you want on them, but theirs a problem viewers won't know what album each sample comes from. So the only thing I can come up with is the use of a iframe and a menu. A bit like navals idea for the media player http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/musicindex.html but using a flash player.
          Of course the will mean doing a set of players with the sample songs but it will give you the effect you want. I will try and get a sample of what I mean up later today.
          their are a lot of different players out there all sizes.
          I done a google for skins and player, http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_en-GBGB222GB222&q=flash+music+player+skins

Comment

You can also use a menu, with a page refresh, and the filename echoed in php so with only one player you can play as many titles as you like.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Demo Now up HERE

Comment

OOOPS Naval didn't see you there.

Comment

Thank you Naval and Alien,

Naval's got great ideas and creativity - but, as yet, I'm still a rookie and no quite comprende...

Alien, your demo would work for me. Can you assist in getting it done?
                  (The actual procedure.) If you loook up my site, "music", you'll see where I'm going. www.gabor-music.com

Thanks again,

Gabor
                  www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Oh, I forgot.
                    Alien, if you go to my site, you'll notice that the files on "music" page won't play. There's some downloading conflict/problem. (The page works fine in BV browser, but not in the real internet access.)
                    Thakxs
                    Gabor
                    www.gabor-music.com

Comment

I have updated the link above so that it will give you some idea how your "music" page could look like. hence one iframe that will pull each sample albumplayer into the page, controlled by the links to the left of the frame. you could have the iframe pull in the first player onload of the page instead of the text i have their. the links can be text or buttons.
                      next : to the left of the page you should now see the album info buttons these take you to each album info page. which has it's own player and album info on and if your going to use the software you mentioned earlier could buy and download the album.

This is only a idea you can design your own using the same principles.

Comment

Thank you, Alien,

It's very close to what I had in mind. Now the technicals !!! If there are ready instructions on how to build such a page please direct me to it, if not, I need your help telling me, exactly what to do: how to get the player and make it work,etc. I mean the mechanical steps - if you have the time and means. Once you point out the beginning steps I can build the pages, the system. Please start me up, following your updated demo page.

Best regards,
                        Gabor
                        www.gabor-music.com

Comment

I have sent a email to you containing a download link, the zip file contains 6 bv made pages.
                          Pages Demo1 & 2 are the pages that contain the sample payers that are pulled into the main page. You can make copies as many as you need. Note the size off the page this should be the same size as the player you are going to put on the page or just a little bigger. These page sizes should all be the same size as the iframe on the main page, which is demo 3. In the html box on those pages you put the code for your flash player.
                          Page demo3 this is your main page, you will see the iframe to the right if you double click on it to bring up the iframe properties you notice the edit box's NAME & URL in the name box enter a name to give the iframe { I have flash there } this is important as you will need this name when you do your links to pull the players into the box. Url is for the first page you want your viewers to see in the iframe when they enter your page.
                          LINKS to the left of the iframe are some text links ( you could have button here ) these are the links that pull the iframe info in, if you high light the linked text only then press the link tool in your tool bar. The url in the properties is the same as always so each page with it's sample player will have a different name. The important thing here is the TARGET box in that you should put the name you gave the iframe in this case flash.

The links to the left of the page are just standard links that go to demo6 and 7 these pages are the ones that you want to give info on that ablum also a player ( this does not have to be the same player as the rest and could have different ones.

so the layout would be for say 10 albums.
                          1 main music page.
                          10 sample pages with 10 different sample albums one on each.
                          10 info pages with 10 different full album one one on each.

Now I came across this last night Multiple Tracks Flash mp3 Player With Menu it's free to download as long as you don't mind the small link at the bottom of the player. there is a small charge to remove the link if you prefer. you would in this player need to have a different folder on your server for each album like album1 album2 and putting the files from the
                          Multiple Tracks Flash mp3 Player With Menu plus the corresponding mp3s for each allbum. then linking to them in the player html code.

Comment

Thank you again, Alien,

All I need now is to understand it... It will take only....say...3 years..
                            And then, to execute it. But It will be done. (The principals are OK, but going step-by-step is a challenge.)
                            Thanks for the advice, your time and trouble.
                            I'll keep you posted.

Gabor
                            www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Hi Alien,

Myself being just an "alien egg" (!) I just realised that my klingon (or vulcan - which one is your dialect?..) is not yet up to par. That is, I'm bogged down in the beginning.
                              Now, only if you have the time and patience, please guide me through, step-by-step.
                              Then, after I successfully build this thing, I'll be happy to share the know-how with others. I think there's a demand for it.

So: I received your pages, unzipped them directly into my BV main folder.
                              Now they appear as BV pages.

When I open page1 and 2 a HTML box appears.
                              ? How do I open this html box to proceed further? (Publish the page first?)

This was the queation of the day.
                              www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Working...
                              X