Movie takes 8 minutes before playing online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie takes 8 minutes before playing online

Thanks to the tutorials, I have managed to upload and publish the first of several films I intend to post online. This first one is a wmv and lasts around 4 minutes.

How ever, it takes 8 -9 minutes before it starts to play. No one will hang around all that time... How can I make it open/play faster?

The link to it is www.lindamaykallestein.com/the_cut_trailer.html

Thanks!

Re: Movie takes 8 minutes before playing online

Hi ... you have a nice big screen there .. it didn't take, I'll bet, 10 seconds to open and begin playing for me .. maybe you had a problem but since have corrected things ?? .. the big screen is nice.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi. I went to check it out myself as well and on my first try I waited about 4 minutes and nothing happened. I kept pushing the play button and finally the trailer started showing. I wanted to retest it out but this time when I closed the window and then went back to that page, it started working that instantly. I'm not sure what the deal was.
      Diane
      www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Originally posted by StrictlyBusiness View Post
        Hi. I went to check it out myself as well and on my first try I waited about 4 minutes and nothing happened. I kept pushing the play button and finally the trailer started showing. I wanted to retest it out but this time when I closed the window and then went back to that page, it started working that instantly. I'm not sure what the deal was.
        That's because you had already waited 4 minutes... going back to the page does not start the process off again, your PC will already have been just about to show the clip before you came off it and went back on.

For what it's worth it took too long for me to wait too, so as some see it instantly and others don't this just shows the difference between internet speed that we all have and you do have to try and please as many of us as possible so my advice would be maybe just above or under the video you add the text ' video may take time to download, thank you for your patience' or words to that effect.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
          That's because you had already waited 4 minutes... going back to the page does not start the process off again, your PC will already have been just about to show the clip before you came off it and went back on.

For what it's worth it took too long for me to wait too, so as some see it instantly and others don't this just shows the difference between internet speed that we all have and you do have to try and please as many of us as possible so my advice would be maybe just above or under the video you add the text ' video may take time to download, thank you for your patience' or words to that effect.
          lol. That makes alot of sense. Well to boot, my internet connection does stink. Though wireless is convenient, a landline would be much better.
          Diane
          www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

This TOTALLY a connection issue.....but frankly, even at hi-speed, anything beyond 15 seconds for me indicates thae file is too large for common usability: I tend to edit video files to be no longer than 1 minute long, for most Users do not have the advanced systems or reliable connections I even require my Team to have when downloading triaining videos, so for vids longer than 1 minute, I have then ready as zipped DVD and WMV formats so they can get them to view on their system proper!

Well...for the time being anyway: I am currently in the process of converting most of my "consumer-driven" video files into Flash presentations which load faster, cleanly, and project a sense of heightened propriety as well...
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I visited that player...its working for me...very fast~...no buffering....

Comment

Working...
              X