Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing several files

Hi all,

This is something I'd find very useful, but it could already be possible and I haven't discovered how OR it could be impossible due to the nature of the beast. However here goes: I would like to be able to change a number of webpages on my site, which I do regularly, then be able to publish them in bulk so to speak. Rather than one at a time which is how I do it now. Please forgive my ignorance if it's all ready possible and be kind enough to tell me how. Am I correct in thinking that BlueFTP just transfers and doesn't publish? or is that wrong too?

Many thanks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: publishing several files

hi there friend..... i dont have a account number to publish my website can u please help me to publish my website.. pls

Comment

Hi, You must have a VodaHost account in order to publish your website. Please visit the link: http://www.vodahost.com/order.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Amanda,

Like you, I publish one page at a time, and it can be quite tedious... if you ever find an easier way, PLEASE let me know! :)

Kellie
        Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
        http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
          Hi all,

This is something I'd find very useful, but it could already be possible and I haven't discovered how OR it could be impossible due to the nature of the beast. However here goes: I would like to be able to change a number of webpages on my site, which I do regularly, then be able to publish them in bulk so to speak. Rather than one at a time which is how I do it now. Please forgive my ignorance if it's all ready possible and be kind enough to tell me how. Am I correct in thinking that BlueFTP just transfers and doesn't publish? or is that wrong too?

Many thanks
          Hi Amanda, you're wright. Blue FTP only transfers, it can't publish.
          BV saves the page files in it's own format. To publish, it takes the code in this format and creates the html code at the moment of publishing. So publishing in bulk would involve some more things: it should export all the pages in a Temp folder, in html format, then upload all of them in bulk. But that would mean that files in html format would become available to upload to ANY server, so Vodahost would not be able at that point to control hosting. Also, if you have a multiple folder site, there should be an internal database that would keep all the details of the pages, including publishing info (page name, folder to upload to ecc.). More over, it should have some "pointers" or "flags", so the program would "understand" which pages have been changed since last publishing and only publish modified pages, to avoid long upload times. Maybe some of these features will be embedded in some future version - by the way, I have suggested this "memory" for the uploading directory , in the Wish forum.

For the moment you can only publish one page at a time.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

not that i don't appreiciate your input naval but that was hard to read i got confused half way through until i got to the end were it said: For the the moment you can only publish one page at a time.

Comment

BV needs to convert each page HTML during the publishing proccess.
              The pages on your computer are in a .bvp format, this is what gives
              BV its "drag & drop" capabilities.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Naval!

I checked this for ages and ages then gave up.... so I've only just found your answer. Thank you - yes I understand. I had an inkling that it wasn't a straightforward request. Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X