• Show
Clear All

• My first website

Show no mercy!

www.aquasealwaterproofing.com

Re: My first website

Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
    Hi AP,
    You don't mind if I call you AP for short? :)Well I have seen your site and I would say is very informative. It gives a warm feeling and really easy to navigate. A very good use of your colors.
    Now here I see, in my opinion may need a little fixin. Your marquee goes a little too fast. I feel maybe slowing it down a couple. Your navigation buttons are self explanatory however when a viewer hovers over the button you might want to use an alternate name so instead of it being your domain name and the page name you might want to change the name to, i.e. "Have Questions" or maybe something like "Contact Us". Overall really nice job on your site and Good Luck!
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Re: My first website

Well you wont like me, but I see youve been reading some of that bad SEO. Your view source reveals you KEYWORD STUFFED SPAM in your meta tags. Thats exactly why most search engines discredit them, and exactly why you will get into trouble if you leave them there. Just because you put a word on your page, does not make it a KEYWORD, any more than a list of those towns will. Youve also strung out LONG PAGE NAME URLS which will be impossible for someone to remember should they NOT bookmark you.

You should be optimizing for no more than 5 keyword phrases and putting those in meta rather or not you even use a meta keyword tag. What you need and DIDNT do is a DESCRIPTION, which should be about 3 or 4 SHORT Sentences making an advert for your site. Pretend you are paying 20 dollars per word.

Lay out was ok other than that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X