Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Search

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to make some kind of internal search function for our website. I work for a non-profit organization, and what I would like to do is create a function in our site where people can search for community clinics in the area by geographic location, services, hours, etc. I've looked through some of the resources in the Blue Voda tutorials and I haven't found anything that would meet our need. If anyone has any brilliant ideas, I am totally open and grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!

PS - our website (be kind...I'm a baby at this and it's brand spanking new...) is www.sacconsortium.org.

Re: Website Search

Originally posted by kbianchirossi View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to make some kind of internal search function for our website. I work for a non-profit organization, and what I would like to do is create a function in our site where people can search for community clinics in the area by geographic location, services, hours, etc. I've looked through some of the resources in the Blue Voda tutorials and I haven't found anything that would meet our need. If anyone has any brilliant ideas, I am totally open and grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!

PS - our website (be kind...I'm a baby at this and it's brand spanking new...) is www.sacconsortium.org.
    Hi Kathleen,
    First of all.....awesome job so far on your site! I am not of much help with a search for clinics and yea you won't find a tutorial to handle that. If you would like to get a search bar from a 3rd party source I recommend Google and set up an account with them to handle any searches your viewers. I couldn't recommend any other methods at this time but I hope someone will lead you to the right place if it can be done all at one time.
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Re: Website Search

I assume you're want them to search just your site?
      Look at http://www.freefind.com/

It's free and allows seaches on your site for any content on the site.
      And it's easy to install - I was able to do it easily.!
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
      X