Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joomla help..

Hello i am getting into joomla ..

i have a domain name and i went up to fantiscao and installed joomla ..do i now need to down- load the program?..what is my next step?
    thanks john

Re: joomla help..

No....if you have installed Joomla via Fantastico, you already have a website to visit and configure: follow the instructions on your install verification page to access the Control Panel.

Joomla is a "script" website build, meaning it is an online application that resides in a directory within yur account on the server -- it is not a file or software you download, upload, or manipulate in a tool/browser offline.

If you installed Joomla as your "Primary" website on your main domain name, access to the cPanel should look like this: www. yourdomainname.com/admin/ :: you will need to enter your User Name and Password created upon installation
    If you installed Joomla as an add-on domain website in your account, access to your cPanel should look like this: www yourdomainname.com/addondomainame/admin/

Remember! If you need support for Joomla, or needs to find solutions to common or specific issues, you need to primarily rely on the Official Joomla Support Community for the attention you require.

Please visit this thread and bookmark the resources that you will find useful.

Good Luck!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks I see that now ! Cool !

I want to upload a free template and play around but unsure how to bring a template in ..I will start reading up now but wondering how to do it..have a quick anwser?

thanks v
      john

Comment

ok figured that out thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X