Disable Right Click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Right Click

I am in the process of a domain transfer to Voda and I am creating my new pages and I put a Disable Right Click script on my pages so people cannot use my graphics and pictures, but when I do a page preview and try the right click, it is NOT disabled! Is there something I am doing wrong. I previously had Yahoo as my host, and it was really easy to disable that. Please let me know if I need to do something different.

sbleez

Re: Disable Right Click

Double check to make sure javascript is not disabled on your browser

Also note, that disabling right click does not prevent people from using your graphics and pictures, it can only deter some people.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

How do I check that. And with the Right click disabled, people cannot right click to save any of my pics or graphics to use them. I took a workshop on stuff like that and I got that from the prof. who taught the workshop.

Comment

Ah! not a very good prof.
        Anything that is viewable by the public can be copied within 2 seconds. The only thing you can do is make it hard for any one by doing things like watermarking images.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

how do you watermark your images

Comment

Open them in any Image editing program like Photoshop, Paintshop, etc and type text like your company time over the image. Make the text colour light, but still clearly visible. Some programs might have a built-in watermark feature you can use. Go to getpaint.com for a free picture editor.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Yeah I agreed with that..now a day..theres a lot of program that can grab an image they see on the net..so..for me...right click is useless.....all you can do is to put watermarks on the image.....

Comment

Working...
              X