Publishing New Domain Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing New Domain Name

I have a newly created website on VodaHost, www.esuranceplan.com. which works great.

However, when I transferred another domain name.
    www.einsurancedirect.com, an existing website, to VodaHost, along with using VodaHost’s DNS services. I get an error message when I paste it in the browser. VodaHost told me that I need to first publish it using the file manager.
    Here’s my question: In file manager, what are the steps and
    select files to upload to /home/euasouob/public_html/einsurancedirect.com?

Stephen

Re: Publishing New Domain Name

Hi, you should be able to upload your pages to....
    /public_html/einsurancedirect/
    Or publish a BV page to the same. Try uploading your index page or publishing a BV index page to the above for a test. This should then show as www.einsurancedirect.com
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry, I am still confused. This is what I see when trying to upload files:

Maximum File Size allowed for upload: 364 GB
      Please select files to upload to /home/euasouob/public_html/einsurancedirect.com

starting upload....

starting upload....

starting upload....

Overwrite existing files:

Note: www.einsurancedirect.com is an old website that I bought years ago. It was not published in VodaHost. So I don't think that there is an index file in my computer. Also, I can't import it, because I cannot find it.

Any additional help will be appreciated.

Stephen

Comment

How long has it been since this old website has seen the web? Perhaps there is some cache around somewhere. What other pages do you have? What are their names? You could upload one of those by another name even to your other website and see if they even work at all for you, seems if so, you might be able to alter one and rename it and call it index ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, just to make sure your site area is working all ok. Publish a page called index with something like Hi me! across the centre. And publish to /public_html/einsurancedirect/ Then type inwww.einsurancedirect.com to make sure its all working ok.
          NOTE: Make sure you save the index file in another folder on your machine, or you will overwrite the index to www.esuranceplan.com. & it will be lost.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris and LadyEye,

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Comment

I have decided to abandon my old website, www.einsurancedirect.com, and use the same sub domain name to build a new site. So, I have created a new folder called health insurance. Now when I create a new index page, how do I save it to avoid overwriting my existing site, www.esuranceplan.com? Like...index/health insurance/public_html/einsurancedirect/...or something else?

Stephen

Comment

Hi, not sure where the index/health insurance/public_html/einsurancedirect is coming from. The server end will be /public_html/sub-domain-name/. Your computer end will be ??? my docs/BlueVoda/new-sub-domain-folder/. Place the new index in the /new-sub-domain-folder/ This will stop you overwritten the index in the main bluevoda folder.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

Sorry, I still don't get it. Let me try again.

Given, that I want to publish a new website using my new sub domain, www.einsurancedirect.com, and I have created a new folder called health insurance, and further I need to save a new index page before publishing it, please tell me what to save the new index page to.../index/ / / /

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Comment

Hi ... your main domain for your voda hosting account is www.esuranceplan.com and by default your pages will publish to public_html which is the directory (folder) for this domain.

Now you have another domain www.einsurancedirect.com

This is NOT a sub-domain - this is an actual domain and instead is called an ADD ON DOMAIN

(a sub domain is free and is just an extension of a main domain - it doesn't carry it's own url like an add on domain)

So this needs to be added as an add on domain in your control panel if you have not already done so.

You will need to create and publish an index page to this domain as well.
                    You publish the page to public_html/einsurancedirect.com (remove the .com if it was not added when you added on the domain - in other wods publish to public_html/einsurancedirect only if the .com is not required)

On your own computer in your MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA create a folder calle einsurancedirect - then when you create the index page for this domain, save and store the .bvp in this folder on your computer and publish as explained above. As well, all the other pages you create for this domain should be stored in this same folder on your computer - this prevents overwriting any pages for your main domain. Do this always for any add on domains you addon or any subdomains you create.

(p.s. - it's a good idea to create the folder by the domain name as opposed to simply health insurance, so that in future you know what domain name these files belong to)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Chris and Ladyeye,

Thanks for all your help and patience. Great job. I got it after trial and error. My add on domain is finally published on line as a draft and is in the process of being finished.

Stephen

Comment

Working...
                      X