Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Folder required?

Hi,
    Do i need to place all images in their own folder and link them to the individual image in the page?
    Tim Collins

Re: Image Folder required?

Originally posted by Timpatco View Post
    Hi,
    Do i need to place all images in their own folder and link them to the individual image in the page?

If you are using blue voda you can insert your images directly onto the page you are building, .. be sure to optimize and size your images for quick loading times .. unless you are having hundreds and hundreds of photos they do not need to go into another folder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye,
      Thanks for that. For the first site i am building, it will only be a few dozen images (currently), but I take from your reply it would be "good practice" to set up an images folder anyway?
      Tim Collins

Comment

Yes....especially if you might use 2 different computers or have separate backups: if you have 1 duplicated IMAGES folder that you "pull" them all from to import into your BV page, the path will be preserved should you ever need to copy onto different systems.

If the source path is not exactly the same, then when you attempt to re-publish from backup, you will not "see" nor have the image present on your page.....

And, if your volume of images becomes large, it is simply logical to keep them in one easily accessible location (not just good "process" habituation, but standard data management).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X