Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what you think?

www.paulburtgroundwork.com
    any advice on improvements will be gratefully excepted, and be honest.
    thanks
    paul.

Re: what you think?

Hi,
    Nice looking colours. I have the following comments for you.
    1. Maybe you need select a different style for the Navigation bar. The button text goes over the button icons on the left.
    2. Your first welcoming sentence. LOL, that is the longest sentense I've seen in a long time. It might be good to break it down a little. You want your visitor to keep on reading, not scaring them off with such a long sentence.
    3. You have used individual lightboxes for each image in your library. Why don't you add all those images in a single lightbox?
    4. Sentence also too long on Paving page.
    5. Groundwork page > 3rd bullet. Change 1st lettre to Caps.
    6. Name of Plant Hire page (file name). Do not use spaces in the name. Use _ or -.
    7. Same for Contact Us. Should be Contact_Us or Contact-Us.

That's all for now.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

...also.

Your page is too wide. Limit it to either 800 or 1000 max. Most users (about 80% can see pages wider than 800). The other 20% cannot view wider than 800 without sidewaya scrolling.
      Centre your page. Right-click on the page, select Page Properties and tick the Centre in Browser checkbox.
      Last edited by Tom vR; 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM. Reason: forgot to mention Properties
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Well, honestly? You should consider "losing" the BV-type buttons and use Text Links instead .... in a copmplimentary font and color.

Also, I would pay attention to how your format your page content.....use line spacing to break up and make each "bullet-point" more prominent, more important to the reader. And, it should be in the same complimentary font and font color as your Menu (only your Menu should be bold).

Secondly, and very important, is the proper Page Titles, and completed Meta (under Page Properties).

Otherwise, you did really good formatting and laying out your images....no distortions, and good composition/alignment.

Good Start, Old Boy!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

many thank, i'm on it as they say.

Comment

can you all have another look please, done the amendments as sugested, only thing i'm not happy with is i've used blended transition on each page as well as using center in browser but each page opens in a different place to the last making look a bit messy, is there a way of ensuring they are all in line so one opens from the back of the other?

Comment

Yes....but seriously, I am literally falling asleep at the keyboard....Karen is up, and I am sure she can explain to you how to use the COPY/PASTE icons to precisely position your text boxes page to page....merely copy text back into it, so they are all in the same exact position with no shimmy during transitions...If she doesn't get here, I will post up first thing in the AM...

You have done a LOT of really good work, and you are to be commended for your diligence....just keep reminding yourself, that you only have to set the framework once, everything else is clone or minor updating!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Paul,
                You hav a great looking site. Did you make your header and buttons and save as a template. That's the best way to get the pages to line up one after another, then you just put in the body and save as. Your pictuers are quite large files, and some look as though you used the handels to adjust, thus making them skewed. You can use the free program pixresizer to shrink the file size and adjust the size for placement. Good Luck!!
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                X