Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing 2nd website

Hi all,
    I would like to publish my 2nd website, but I'm not sure how to proceed. The
    first one seemed easy. I will keep looking, but as this seems like it would be a common problem I thought I would start a thread about it. Please bear in mind
    I'm still relatively new at this so please make your answer "newbie friendly".
    Thank you so much,
    Jerryl

Re: publishing 2nd website

Hi jerryl... You can do a second website as a Add On website... this way it will have it's own address... look into the Control Panel Tutorials about how to do an addon website... you will find answers there... Doug

Comment

Thanks Doug,
      I successfully published my index page and everything looks good. Now I'm having trouble publishing my other pages (if its not one thing it's another.
      I keep getting the, Error 550 can't change directory to public_html/weluvbabies.com/calendar no such file or directory.
      I seem to keep having trouble naming my pages correctly. I guess I need to know how to get my name for the page accepted, or where to name them
      so they will work.

Comment

Hi jerryl... I don't know if you are talking about your main domain or your addon domain.. But.. When you publish.. the page for your account (main domain) is published to the public_html (only no extra addressing required).. Since the addon is a folder in the account it publishes to public_html/addonname.. Make sure that the Server IP is the correct IP (the one you were assigned to)... That's it .. Have fun.. Doug

Comment

Hi again Doug,
          I'm talking about my second website with a addon domain, and my server IP is
          correct. Now let me explain this in detail because it still keeps giving me the
          Error 550. My URL is www.weluvbabies.com and as I said the index page published OK. I have another page named "calendar" and when I click on publish I should type "public_html/www.weluvbabies.com/calendar"? In the
          tutorial it tells you to click on "file" and "save page as", which I have, I named the page "calendar", and if I'm not mistaken thats all there is to naming your pages, right?
          Thanks for all your help,
          Jerryl

Comment

Originally posted by jerryl View Post
            Hi again Doug,
            I'm talking about my second website with a addon domain, and my server IP is
            correct. Now let me explain this in detail because it still keeps giving me the
            Error 550. My URL is www.weluvbabies.com and as I said the index page published OK. I have another page named "calendar" and when I click on publish I should type "public_html/www.weluvbabies.com/calendar"? In the
            tutorial it tells you to click on "file" and "save page as", which I have, I named the page "calendar", and if I'm not mistaken thats all there is to naming your pages, right?
            Thanks for all your help,
            Jerryl

No your folder should NOT read:

public_html/www.weluvbabies.com/calendar

It should read:

public_html/weluvbabies

IF... you named your addon domain folder weluvbabies

Having said that, I have noticed on the NEW Control Panels that in the folder field it now automatically populates with domainname.com

I take this out when creating new folders so I cannot answer for what will happen if you don't.

Try it with just public_html/weluvbabies first, then if not .. add the .com but NOT the www.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Marincky,
              With the new Control Panel you need the .com but not the www. I just thought you would need to include the name of each page, but thats what you get for thinking sometimes. Anyway this website building is way cool,
              and who knows maybe I'll even make a little money with it one day
              Jerryl

Comment

Originally posted by jerryl View Post
                Thanks Marincky,
                With the new Control Panel you need the .com but not the www. I just thought you would need to include the name of each page, but thats what you get for thinking sometimes. Anyway this website building is way cool,
                and who knows maybe I'll even make a little money with it one day
                Jerryl
                www.weluvbabies.com

Best of luck with it.

Just to make clear for those adding an addon domain... Although when creating in CP the folder name is automatically created with yourdomain.com you CAN physically remove the .com to enable you to shorten the folder name.
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                X