Linking Publisher Newsletter to BV base Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Publisher Newsletter to BV base Website

I want to offer a MS Publisher based online newsletter to my BV website.
    How do I do this, I have no problems doing stuff within BV, but outside that I am clueless. Thanks for the help.
    BOB

Re: Linking Publisher Newsletter to BV base Website

Use Publisher's Save to Web features. This will convert your newletter to regular HTML format. Then save those pages to VodaHost account. From within BV link to those pages as if they were any other web page.

Comment

An additional thought. Do the whole website with MS Publisher. This is the default setup with Publisher save to web feature. I used Publisher to do my VodaHost hosted websites for years.

Comment

It would be a whole lot simpler for you and more universally available (viewable, distributable) for your Visitors if you merely offer your MS Publisher created Newsletter as a managable PDF file instead.

You can continue to create and produce your Newsletter in Publisher, but if you download PDF995 (a free sortware that is a converter/editor) it will allow you to save a Publisher file as a PDF --- which is easily configurable as a downloadable file via a simple text link in Blue Voda or any other medium!

* Using a PDF format to distribute documents, Newsletters, or anything else allows you creative control over things, as Users will not be able to overwrite or makes changes to your "Branded" product .... this prevents anyone from copying your logos, written material, etc. and using it in a manner unauthorized by you.

Follow the instructions on using PDF995, to "convert" a file to PDF.
        1. Instead of SAVE AS you will actually PRINT
        2. When your print dialog box appears, you will use the drop-down Menu of "Printers" to select PDF995 as the "Printer" which will then "print" the file to a location you specify (a folder) automatically "saving" it as a .pdf formatted file.
        3. You will then FTP this file up to your public_html/ directory of your VodaHost account so that it can be linked from your web pages for immediate viewable version for your visitors that they can elect to "save a copy" of (download).

An example of a properly formatted hyperlink you will use to link from your page to allow Visitors to download would look like this (substitute as indicated, and be sure to keep the file name short as possible):
        http://www.YourDomainName.com/newsletter032008.pdf

.... and on we go!

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I've designed two websites for communities in Arizona, and on each is link to a downloadable .pdf newsletter like Vasili mentioned above. Both newsletters were created with Microsoft Publisher. Check them out by using links below.
          Sheryl Tupa
          Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
          Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
          New Baby Cartoons
          Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
          Cloud Nine Photo Magic
          Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

Working...
          X