Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woulld this site interest you in insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woulld this site interest you in insurance?

www.esuranceplan.com

Here is a new site designed for US citizens who qualify for Medicare and related insurance programs. Please critique for design, possible response from the public, and overall effectiveness. Any comments will be appreciated.

Stephen

Re: Woulld this site interest you in insurance?

I think you have a problem with your site...I only see the word "Insurance".

Comment

ummm like blank page is now a design?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Straight to the point. Just a tiny bit more info will help with the SE's.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry,

The site is now up and working.

Stephen

Comment

I still see the blank page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

To answer your question: In a nutshell, NO.

Very unpolished and unrefined, and in this select market credibility is the critical element to any hope of conversion. The generation you are targeting are skittish enough as it is doing things online, and despite the efforts to keep your site more "legible" for them, the overall layout and design is crude and not credible to a degree that visitors would feel comfortable even getting to page two.

Why? Look at your images first: all distorted, not uniform or in a relevant presentation (they do not "flow" one to another, as in telling a story or even as a convenient visual link).

Then, look at the content development. I get the feeling you are trying to either say too much without enough meat to appear appealing, or you are not saying enough and bouncing to the next idea without finishing explaining the last. Even the font selection and colors are adding to the "basic" incongruence...

I would definitely consider creating more of a "page" appearance, complete with a complimentary background, not only to better project a sense of "order" to your layout, but to aid in the development of "presentation" -> 'blocks' of textual Content, demonstrated 'progession' including images and intro text + navigation, etc.

It may sound rather too blunt at first, but is not intended to be so: think of a web page as being an online "mini-book" and with that in mind, it should emphasize the first page as the "index"/foreward, and the importance of navigation as table of contents .... and then back to the 'content' and how precise it is developed (and it may help to think about the sentencve/paragraph/body structure of writing a college essay: how brief but full of info can it be done, with the "flow" as an essential element). Yes, composing SEO-focused copy is similar, but you should never warp traditional English writing style from the User-expected norms...especially when trying to connect with this age group, who are traditional in all aspects!

See?

BTW ... I would also expect you to most likely have some kind of contact from another similar-sounding Brand Company .... hopefully you have gone the due diligence route and actually Registered your Mark with the USPTO....you may be told to cease if not....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

This Website Page is More What You're After

Since I was concerned that you think my comments above were "harsh" in any way, I chose to provide an example of the concepts visually put together as a mock-up to better illustrate some of the major ideas I described ...... Remember, this is purely a rough facsimile of the type of page structure I was describing, and I am sure that the few simple things I did clearly illustrate the difference in approach and the results: I used your textual content, and only added some sample Menu items and "slogans" for the page as well as the images.

To make it very simple (and to emphasize the ease of versatility and customization) I used Free Blue Voda Template (m_175), found in set 18 (Healthcare & Wellness) as a simple means of creating a "theme" that worked. There are others to choose from, even generically colorized, but I thought the "hospital green" somewhat fitting and altogether "soothing" for the market you are focused on.

Tell Me What You Think ..... and if it gives you a clearer idea: Sample "esurance.com" Page Mock-Up

Comment

Vasili

I think yer bored.. come work on my sites will ya..you can mock up live.

LMAO.. after all my new font man should be good for something...<running away>

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                    Vasili
                    I think yer bored.. come work on my sites will ya..you can mock up live.
                    LMAO.. after all my new font man should be good for something...<running away> Karen
                    Not to sound un-original but, "I don't come cheap!"

Actually, you are partly correct, with a bit of emotional maxi-stress thrown in on top of my economic retailer woes: my Mom had a stroke aboout a week ago, and my Dad (who has a pacemaker) has been in ICU with pneumonia for a week now ......

Comment

Vasili,

Your criticism doesn't bother me. I appreciate it. I'm happy to be at least on the web regardless what it looks like...at this point. So bring it on. I especially liked the mock up.

Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        To answer your question: In a nutshell, NO.

Very unpolished and unrefined, and in this select market credibility is the critical element to any hope of conversion. The generation you are targeting are skittish enough as it is doing things online, and despite the efforts to keep your site more "legible" for them, the overall layout and design is crude and not credible to a degree that visitors would feel comfortable even getting to page two.

Why? Look at your images first: all distorted, not uniform or in a relevant presentation (they do not "flow" one to another, as in telling a story or even as a convenient visual link).

Then, look at the content development. I get the feeling you are trying to either say too much without enough meat to appear appealing, or you are not saying enough and bouncing to the next idea without finishing explaining the last. Even the font selection and colors are adding to the "basic" incongruence...

I would definitely consider creating more of a "page" appearance, complete with a complimentary background, not only to better project a sense of "order" to your layout, but to aid in the development of "presentation" -> 'blocks' of textual Content, demonstrated 'progession' including images and intro text + navigation, etc.

It may sound rather too blunt at first, but is not intended to be so: think of a web page as being an online "mini-book" and with that in mind, it should emphasize the first page as the "index"/foreward, and the importance of navigation as table of contents .... and then back to the 'content' and how precise it is developed (and it may help to think about the sentencve/paragraph/body structure of writing a college essay: how brief but full of info can it be done, with the "flow" as an essential element). Yes, composing SEO-focused copy is similar, but you should never warp traditional English writing style from the User-expected norms...especially when trying to connect with this age group, who are traditional in all aspects!
                        5 star advice.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, i think the centering of the pages would look better & all the images need to be resized correctly as they are very distorted.
                          There are 2 form items over the lower left image that need removing.

Good luck.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
                            5 star advice.
                            Thank You for Your Continued Confidence and Support!
                            Simply following in the same tradition demonstrated for me!

PS: Stephen - Email me via here and I will send you the mock page files to play with...

Comment

Chris,

You have a keen eye. Thanks.

Stephen

Comment

Working...
                              X