Adding Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Downloads

When adding a download to my website how do I protect it so that it can only be downloaded once and only when a customer has paid?

Also how can a add a link to a pdf file so that my visitors can access more information to my product?

Thank You
    Gary Pengelly
    thorppub.com

Re: Adding Downloads

Sorry, misread your post.

To secure a download so that it is only allowed after payment, you need to use a cart script.
    Many carts (free ones also) allow for instant downloads after payment.

Some of them can be configured to allow a certain number of downloads, or a certain period during which the same user is allowed to download. The number or the period, is, in that case, set by the administrator of the site.

A paid for solution that is well customizable to suit BV sites, can be seen in this page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you,

also I want to add a sales letter for my product on my site, do I have to create an extra page for this or can I have a link on my home page to a pdf file that my customer can read? if so how can I achieve this?

Gary Pengelly
      thorppub.com

Comment

You can do it in whichever way you like Either through a webpage, or with a downloadable PDF.

In this second case: Upload the file to your site, using either FTP or File Manager, or BV's file publisher.

Create a link to the file providing as URL: http://www.yourdomain.com/filename.pdf
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i have been haveint the same problem beign that i am creating a site for the sales of e-books and i need to make a secure payment system for any buyer to download once he have paid how do i go about doing that.

Comment

The answes is the same: you need a (free or paid for) script. If you use a Cart that supports instant downloads, then your issue is easily solved. VH provides for free Soholaunch and OSCommerce that both can do what you want.

A paid for solution that is well customizable to suit BV sites, can be seen in this page.
            Navaldesign

Comment

hi sir i want to give some freely downloadable files for my site visiters. can u plz guide me how to do that.

Comment

Working...
              X