Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to make changes to a published website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make changes to a published website?

I have published my website: www.clipologysalon.com
    I need to make a few changes on several of the pages, but I can't find the files in my File Manager on my cPanel. How do I make changes on my website?? Help please. Thanks.

Re: how to make changes to a published website?

Make the changes on the page in BV, save it (with the same name), and then publish it. It will 'overwrite' the old page.
    Then go to the site/page and see if it's what you want. If not, make more changes, save and publish.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

I just got through doing that very thing, and none of the changes were displayed - it was as though I had never made them. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

From the site, go to one of the pages you changed and published, hit the f5 key several times and you might see the changes.
        Do you have more than one domain? It may be that you are not publishing to the correct domain. (I've done that!).
        What is the URL of the page you are changing? What changes did you make? I think I've seen posts where others could see the new pages but the publisher could not (probably a cache issue).
        Perhaps others will have the answer if this doesn't work.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I was able to make changes to some of my published pages, but there is one page that I cannot make changes no matter what I do. I can't figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?

Comment

I am having the same problem as enumerated here above did as explained by jcaywood, no changes visible on my site.

Comment

Originally posted by joojoobee View Post
              I'm having the same problem. I was able to make changes to some of my published pages, but there is one page that I cannot make changes no matter what I do. I can't figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?
              Please provide a link to the page in question so we can take a quick look to help....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by bucksbunny View Post
                I am having the same problem as enumerated here above did as explained by jcaywood, no changes visible on my site.
                This is usually a cache problem: your browser "memorizes" a page so it can display it faster next time it is asked. If you don't clear your cache, the problem may persist even for a day or two.
                Try a simple refresh, by hitting the F5 button while you are on the page . If that doesn't help, go in your browsers options, and clear temp files
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Vasili. I got the problem fixed. I'm going to post my site under the thread "Newly published sites".

Comment

Thanks for all the help

Comment

Hello folks!

I've got deleted all temp files, but still can't re-publish one page.

Please advise ?

Thanks.

Rus

Comment

I had php somehow copied from Thanks page.
                        Changed to html and ...yeahh.

Blue Voda is the best!!!
                        ... No, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                        X