Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer crash

Hi Everyone

My computer crashed and I lost all my templates to my website. I’m not sure but is there any way I can make a template from my published pages in c-panel. I have backups but I haven’t made any back-ups lately. So I lost it all, I also would like to ask can you save your templates onto c-panel for storage until needed. That way if I crash again I will know I have a backup.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Lj Luke

Ljluke.com

Re: Computer crash

Login to your cPanel and locate BACKUPS icon.....create a complete backup of your website, and then have it emailed to you.

When it arrives, unzip it and copy all of the page files into the appropriate folder in your main Blue Voda folder. Copy all of the images and "bv-shapes" into the Images folder within your main Blue Voda folder.

Open Blue Voda, and you should be able to open your pages, but might not see the images (they may have a red X instead) but fear not: simply re-pulish them to re-associate the image source paths to the now re-published pages --- the server already has the images titled the same and knows what to place on what page, the key is to use BV to re-associate elements of your page as a saved dynamic page, and since you are not "creating" them you need to "process" them to make this association valid.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili

I will try that today.

Thanks again

Luke

ljluke.com

Comment

PS: If that is too complicated, simply open BV and download pages and elements manually using the FTP Manager:
        1. under TOOLS > BLUE FTP
        2. Make connection to your account, click on folder on right panel until you "open" the correct public_html/ directory
        3. manually "COPY TO" the files, images, objects into the appropriate folder on your computer (left panel)

.... and on we go!

Comment

Can I also use the ftp to save my templates and pages that I have built over to c-panel like a backup?

For some reason i'm having trouble making a backup to disk on my computer

Comment

No...you use the BACKUP utility in your cPanel and then email a copy of the backup to yourself (see the command option?)........THEN you can make a CD or whatever.

Once you have received it, open it up and COPY TO the proper folder the files you need to. Logic: step by step, in sequence.

Comment

I also had a crash... now am trying to download my pages from the control panel to my bv folder... (as outlined in the less complicated method described above)
              I opened BV, clicked tools>Blue FTP, connected to my account and did a "copy to" into the folder I wanted them...
              the few I have copied do show up in my BV folder but will not open... "unexpected file format"...
              is there one more step I am not aware of?

JazziGirl
              SaveOurSpace.info

Comment

Please help... still trying to get my files back after wipe out.

First tried the more simple manual way of copying in control panel to the correct folders on my computer (left panel of that screen). They seemed to copy and show on my BV yet they could not be opened. Did I miss a step?

Next I tried the other way described in tutorial... and attempted to make a full backup to be emailed and unzipped, etc. Was unsure about the backup destination and left that choice as Home Directory and did a full backup which was emailed to me. As far as I can tell there is nothing to open or unzip there... I am missing something. Should I have chosen to sent to remote user or FTP server (my little understanding led me to believe those choices were for sending it to another server entirely.

Willing to learn and work on this (don't expect a one click fix) just want to avoid making a real mess of my files.

Would REALLY APPRECIATE guidance here so I can move forward.
                THANKS!!

JazziGirl
                SaveOurSpace.info
                Last edited by JazziGirl; 05-22-2008, 07:45 PM. Reason: forgot name and site address

Comment

e..e...

\\(*____*)//bamboo flooring
                  oil painting wholesale by A.F.I

Comment

Hi Jazzgirl,

You can also import your webpage one by one from your website
                    using BlueVoda.

Goto File > new page > select "from existing Html" and a window
                    will pop up.

Select "Remote from the internet" and enter the url of the page in the file name box, then click OK and wait......

BV will import the file to your pc.

Save the page in C:\BlueVoda.......

and repeat the process.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks for your help Zuriatman, Have been able to download and save files back to BV on my computer... they looks good with just a few adjustments to page properties... like page length always comes in at 600 and I seem to have to manually reset page length and the centered in browser choice.

BUT when I try to look at my text menu links to other pages within my site they only show as text... must I recreate those and then republish?

I don't want to download and save too many more without understanding what to do with this issue...

I'm working this Memorial Day and want to get this behind me.
                      Any one working today too who can help me w/this??

Thanks!

Comment

I am still stuck... HELP PLEASE!

Not sure where to ask for more help on this...
                        I am still stuck in limbo with out the ability to edit my pages!

Not sure if the fact they are php files vs html that is causing my problem of not finding my text menus only text in their place when I do download them.
                        Sorry to be so dumb about this... don't know what to do next?
                        Will begin to redo those links if I have to... but if I could get my pages w/text menu in place... I would of course prefer to do that.

Anyone able to help?

JazziGirl (not feeling so Jazzi!)
                        SaveOurSpace.info

Comment

Working...
                        X