Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

hallo to all,i put a file on my site and i want that everybody can download it, i maked the downloadlink there for ,but the problem is when somebody want to download it must enter my>> username and password from cpanel.somebody know how can i fix it that peopel direct can download it,please.

Re: Need Help

Hi,

did you by any chance upload the file in a password protected folder ?
    If yes, then there is no other option but to provide a username/password.

Or, upload the file into a NON protected folder and change your link accordingly.

Can you provide a link to the file so we can have a look ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

first thank you that you answer me,
      i down load the file to www.piratosmovies.com/public_html/zip.files/deal.avi there is my file .i dont know of it is password protected folder is . but i dont publisched it yet.
      andhow can i know of the folder that i choose is password protected? thanks man...

Comment

i publisched it now sorry the site is not ready lol its looking chaos.but then you can see what i want to do ,peopel can watc films online and they can download it also if they want , the movie file where is the download link is DEAL 2008 ,AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Comment

Comment

Your link is wrong, should be

Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, here is what i suspect that you have done: you have uploaded the file (and linked it) to a folder that is HIGHER than your public_html.
              These folders are INTENTIONALLY not available to the public, as per server settings. So the browser ask for username/passowrd to let you in.

Create a "zipfiles" (avoid the . dot between the words zip and files) folder inside your "public_html" folder, and link your files like

Navaldesign

Comment

Please note that a 339 MB (!!!!) file like the one you upoaded is practically impossible (for normal ADSL connections) to play / download. I have a 20 Mb fast ADSL and still cannot download at more than 1 mb/sec under optimum conditions. whilst that becomes 50 Kb when the server is loaded, meaning more than 2 hr with my fast connection (HOURS with a normal connection)

I did like the music though....
                Navaldesign

Comment

oke thank i go to try it

Comment

EDIT -------

Only edit your link:

Your link is wrong, should be http://www.piratosmovies.com/zip.files/deal.avi
                    Navaldesign

Comment

i changed my folder in zipfiles and i have 2 choices one the link to can play it that is oke doing perfect .
                      and that is the download link please look is there problem with because the problem is the same thanx.do you know a beter simpel way to link downloads???
                      http://www.piratosmovies.com:2082/download?file=%2fhome%2faghmxchv%2fpublic_html%2fz ipfiles/deal.avi

Comment

Let me expplain: that 2082/...... etc. that you have added in your link, is your cpanel. So the user will be asked for a username / password. You CAN'T do that for public downloads.

Second problem: files that are easily recognized by your computer (as the .avi files) will NOT be downloaded / saved, but downloaded/opened (in this case directly in Window Media Player). A choice could be to place a text that would advise them to Right Click and select Save

Another option would be to have your files zipped, in which case the user can easily download/save by clicking on the link.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

OKE MAN THANKS FOR ALL, i think that i do what you said about:place text : right click and select save . the rest is difficult for me. thanks for your time again .

Comment

Working...
                          X