search form for database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search form for database

I have uploaded the database of phone numbers and have created a search form through soho. I have tried both the type of search forms avaliable with Soho. But In both cases it is taking more than a longer time to open a page after search because of huge database. I first tried the Keyword search method but while one enters a name e.g Rashid, it takes too much of time because of too many people resembling the name. I then tried a detailed search method but it takes too much of time to load a page because of drop down list it has associated with it. I have to use 16 times more database which I have used so far. I am afraid how slow it would be for users to search for the information. Can someone tell me the solution. the website address is http://www.kashmironweb.com/index.ph..._Mobile_Number

Regards
    Bilal

Re: search form for database

Its hard to say... not only is it heavily dependent on how soho is querying the database, and the structure of your database tables but you would also have to manually edit and optimize the database query (I haven't used soho, so I can't really even say if that is possible, the queries might be dynamically created or written to a file with the rest of the code).

That being said the best way to speed it up (unless someone else has a better idea), is dividing the database of phone numbers up into multiple pages (perhaps by letter), and making the search a two step, one to select between the tables, and the second to actually search it. Its not an ideal solution, but should increase the speed.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I wanted a user interface of something like http://www.whitepages.com/5116 for my site to search from the databse. I think it would be an ideal solution. But I don't know how to do it. Even if It is possible for me to do it through BV i'll switch to it. Because it is fast and more user friendly.

Regards
      Bilal

Comment

The problem is sites like whitepages.com is not make with a website builder like soho or BV, they are made by programmers who code every part of it by hand, line by line of code. They have direct control over what their site is doing, so they are able to optimize their database's and database queries. Its extremely difficult if not impossible to make comparable sites to the top dogs on the internet using a website builder that generates all the code for you.

There might be a way to optimize the database queries with soho, I can't really tell you I don't use it.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X